What chu get

Discussion in 'General Chatter & Off Topic' started by Masboy, Dec 28, 2018.

1. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

santa got me some underwear,big chocolate Hershey kiss,carton of federal 22 gold match,bullet heater,drone . my sons an I all got drones from my daughter,they have a camera built in an something to see as you can operate it off a phone in the house an see what’s going on outside as it,s flying.i flew my sons outside using just the controller an it amazed me what it can do. son was flying it all around inside our house ,in our living room . son showed me a video of one that was programmed to a picture of a face ,only about 3 inches across ,loaded with 3 grams of explosive ,the guy throwed it like a ball an it took off an flew over to this dummies head an blowed a hole in it,s forehead:eek: unbelievable an wonder how long this world will survive all this new technology :eek:

xcaliber, Stalker and Oppie like this.
  2. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

Tested my gold match 22 shells I got for Christmas today vs my favorite 22 shells for the money that are cci standard,that my buckmark loves .cci standard 30$ carton,federal gold match 120$ carton. only difference I see is more flyers with the standard . I love great shooting guns :oops:
    image.png

xcaliber, jacol84 and Oppie like this.
  3. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

I got a Chicago Bears sweatshirt, a Steelers sweatshirt, $250 total in Cabelas gift cards, a nice warm pair of camo gloves, a huge mixer set to make Moscow Mules, and I bought myself the .243 CVA pistol a while back. My kids spoil me every year!:rolleyes:

Stalker, bbahunter and jacol84 like this.
  4. jacol84

jacol84 Active Member

Got a pair of Muck boots that I already returned (they sent the wrong size). Think I will try something else. Oh, I also got the tablet I’m using to reply;) Just ordered a case with a keyboard, I prefer a computer to the tablet.

bbahunter and xcaliber like this.
  5. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

I,ve never had a pair of rubber boots that I been really happy with. they also seem to tear easy an break my toes in instead of the boots:confused: i need a new pair also but not a 150-200$ pair of mucks that don,t last.my son had redheads an not any better.good old over seas quailty ,I blame everything poorly made on them as we know everything made here is top quailty :rolleyes::p

xcaliber and jacol84 like this.
  6. jacol84

jacol84 Active Member

Mine were only $98 (ordered my own present). I have a friend who loves his. A few years ago, I got a 6" height pair of Hi-Tecs that I work hunting, all the field and harvest work for the project, pretty much every time I neede boots, and they stayed waterproof for over 2 years. When they finally started leaking, I wore my youngest son's hunting boots (he didn't need them in NYC:rolleyes:), but in less than a season along with snow shoveling, etc. they started leaking. Maybe I should just wear leaky boots with Sealskins.;) I have another pair of Hi Tecs in favorites, just haven't pulled the trigger yet.

xcaliber likes this.
  7. 8ptbuk

8ptbuk Active Member

Santa brought me a CZ 527 Varmint in .17 Hornet. Can't wait to get it glass bedded and a scope on it.

Stalker, jacol84 and xcaliber like this.
  8. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

I love the CZ guns with the single stack clips ,lots complain about them sticking down but not me as they seem to work better for me. My sons friend just bought a Anshultz 1712 sporter silhouette model,match barrel,model 54 action , 22r rf . he found it at our local little gun shop ,thing looks like new for 1100$ an a great buy.he came down her at my house to try it out an shot it poorly at 50yds .i tried to buy it but he insisted I shoot it with the wolf match ammo .like a dummy I did an shot a 3 shot group that made a real small clover leaf at 50yds :oops: I screwed myself on buying that gun as he said ,that guns a shooter o_O:confused::p

9. bbahunter

bbahunter Active Member

I got tag soup this year, and it tastes like crap! :eek:dead:

xcaliber likes this.
  10. jacol84

jacol84 Active Member

I'm sure I just scratched the surface when my son was on the rifle team, but I was amazed just how much difference there was between .22 LR standard/target rounds in guns. Got my son's Mossberg 144 LSA shooting 5/8" groups at 100 with RWS rifle match. Helped him take a trophy on a line of 20+ big money guns. Really enjoyed shooting for myself too. Just have to make time to do that this year.

I agree, Brian. Tag soup does taste like crap. By lack of opportunity, or by choice, it tastes the same. Main reason my little 7 pt. bought the farm this year.;)

xcaliber and bbahunter like this.
  11. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

That,s some great shooting! I,ve never shot a great group like that at 100yds with 22rf. hard to beat high dollar match ammo in most great 22rf guns ,but I,ve seen others do great in some guns.my old favorite was cci mini mag hp ,but not so anymore as I seem to get more flyers now.my pellet gun loves RWS r10 match,flys don,t like it :oops:

12. Stalker

Stalker Member

4850 Duel fuel generator for the camper and emergencies.Love the propane option. Also a factory refurbished 18" Poulan Pro chainsaw. I know its not a great brand but for$60 with free shipping in new condition I'm not complaining. Runs and cuts great. Got them both for less than $350:eek::D:D:D Santa was good! 20181207_121801.jpg 20181213_124259.jpg

jacol84 and xcaliber like this.
  13. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

Nice! wood for the campfire,juice for the AC !