This is why I need to move

Discussion in 'General Chatter & Off Topic' started by XBowAdmin, Feb 4, 2014.

1. XBowAdmin

XBowAdmin <- Brad -> C/P Staff

3-4" of snow yesterday, up to a foot tomorrow. It was 53 degrees on Sunday. How the hell I supposed to shoot my crossbow when my rag bag is frozen and my other targets have to be stored in a shed? LOL. Curse of New England weather.

qyda9apy.jpg

CT.crossbower likes this.
  2. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

This has been terrible year for us ! 6 inches of snow yesterday an more coming tonight. the rivers froze over an has not done that for a few years so no walleye fishing in the power plant warm water discharge! going crazy an bored out of my mine. dreaming of flounder fishing at Lewes Delaware this spring an can,t wait!

3. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

I'm near Chicago, and I have all the snow a man can handle, and it's snowing again! I feel your pain!

4. georgiaboy

georgiaboy Member

I actually had a snowflake come down in my yard last week!!!!!
    Does that count? :D :D :D

XBowAdmin likes this.
  5. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

It's snow!

6. georgiaboy

georgiaboy Member

Two inche's of snow bring's Atlanta to their knee's...you yankee's had to be laughing your a@# off!!! lol

xcaliber likes this.
  7. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

I was visiting a buddy in 1983 in Decatur, Alabama. On New Years day they got about 1/2" of snow, and it was insane on the road. There was a bit of ice too, and no salt trucks!

8. georgiaboy

georgiaboy Member

From what i hear Atlanta just purchased 2 million dollar's worth of snow equipment & left it sitting in the garage until after the storm hit. Please God don't get me started down the political road!!! :mad:

9. XBowAdmin

Ya, was laughing it up for sure. It was ATL Armageddon.

As for politics, don't get me started either. LOL

georgiaboy likes this.
  10. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

No politics. I get enough of that at work!:D It's amazing how bad things have gotten out there.

XBowAdmin and georgiaboy like this.
  11. XBowAdmin

5+ more inches of white frozen crap on the ground already and coming down at 1+ inch per hour. Expecting 12" or more, then switch over to sleet and freezing rain.

Yeah, I know, I live in northwest CT, so I need to just suck it up, but even after 38 years of living in this God forsaken state, I hate the snow and cold.

12. Andy

Andy Publisher C/P Staff

Think spring and TURKEY HUNTING i love hunting Turkeys with my crossbow ,the last turkey i shot with a shotgun was in 2004 i started hunting with my ten point crossbow in 2007 from there on its been only with the crossbow its a lot more excitement hunting with the crossbow no noise plus its easy to get a double which i did several times have two toms come out stick one the other one will run over and start to beat the crap out of his dead buddy plenty of time to reload and stick the second one with a bolt.
    We are allowed 3 on private land plus i think its one on state land which i don't hunt on i only hunt private land my blind stays safe.

13. XBowAdmin

Hard to think Turkey at the moment. LOL
    y9a4evyz.jpg

Jon Erdmann likes this.
  14. 12 Ring

12 Ring Member

All I can say is this is my last New England winter. The only ice I want to see next year is in my glass. Ha Ha. the prediction of snow was 6-8 and we already have 8 and they say the hard snow is coming. geee give me a break,.

15. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

Just finished digging my daughter's car out, she drove into the snow drift in front of our house at 3:30 am coming home from work! She woke me up to tell me, what a sweetie.;) The walk way here has over 40" of snow, I have to blow it forward now, the snow blower won't make it over the top anymore!:mad:
    2014 Snow.jpg

16. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

We had a ice storm last night to go with all our snow an got up this morning with no electric . just got it back an thank God for the coal stove . big mess to clean up from the ice an snow breaking lots of limbs out of the pines in my yard. trying to talk the wife into moving south!!!!

17. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

Let me know how that goes!;);)

18. XBowAdmin

13" on the ground here today. Just finished cleaning the driveway and cars off. 2+ hours of my life I will never get back.

Thank God for the JAWGA BOYZ gittin' me through with their redneck hick-hop stylings. I am a country fan at heart, with a metal affinity, but this hick-hop rings true to me.

19. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

I took the day off work, drove my wife to work, drove my daughter to the university, and back, cleared all the snow, then made a few strings for a buddy. Picked up my wife, and it's snowing again!
    You gotta love it!

20. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

I'm an old rocker myself, but these guys aint bad! I'm a little more Atlanta Rhythm Section, but I could listen to these guys and slam a beer, or three! :cool: