The Brand new MANTIS Crossforce

Discussion in 'General Crossbow Discussion' started by Phil Talisman, Aug 10, 2017.

1. Phil Talisman

Phil Talisman Member

Hi all on here,i fell very ill this time last year but now i am back to good health and thought i would post some new picture's of the Mantis Crossforce and to answer any question's anyone may have,thank's,Phil Abrahams of Talisman Crossbows crossforce.jpg NEW MANTIS.jpg 36423616416_186b0e3151_o.jpg 36301561962_d0e1e64aa2_o.jpg 36262369812_414fdab0db_o.jpg 35623891493_898271b954_o.jpg

Attached Files:

2. Phil Talisman

Phil Talisman Member

36035989430_f436af9700_o.jpg Here are the specification's,Overall length 41.5".Width is 17.5 axial to axial uncocked and 11" when cocked.Weight is 7.5 lbs unscoped and you can shoot any arrow from 20-over 26" and from 250 grn to over 1,000 grn.The arrow speed of the Mantis Crossforce is from 350- 450 fps and with a 400 grn arrow and on the Mantis Elite Crossforce it is from 350- 500fps with a 400 grn arrow and is available in full or part camo in a Realtree pattern of your choice or all matt black,whatever you want as this is a full custom crossbow with Walnut oil finished forestock and cheek rest or with Glass filled very high durable composite foregrip and cheek rest.Available as a bare bow with spare string's and lube's for working part's or as a complete package with hard or soft case in camo or other along with arrow's quiver,Limbsaver Mantis Kodiak sling and scope of your choice,please feel free to ask me anything you want to know about the Crossforce Compound camless crossbow.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2018
  3. Phil Talisman

Phil Talisman Member

4. bbahunter

bbahunter Active Member

Is Joe Conover a staff shooter for you yet?

5. Phil Talisman

Phil Talisman Member

Yes as far as i know,he's been very busy in Alaska and this time last year i ended up being very ill after having the wrong injection given to me whilst in hospital and it took me around 9 month's to fully recover.as i had been working on updating this new crossbow so had to just leave everything until i got myself well enough again and to get this terrible drug free from my system.As it more or less Paralyzed me for around 4 month's and i could not eat or sleep at all for 4 month's and could not function at all on a daily basis,and suffered extreme anxiety and panic attack's but now i am fully back on track,thank god.Has Joe been back on here lately?.As i have not heard anything from him for quite a long while,hope he is o.k up there in Alaska.I want to get him a Mantis Crossforce when i can to see what he can do with it hunting wise in Alaska and i also want to go and visit Joe in Alaska as i love the look of that place it's very beautiful there going by all the picture's as i love the wilderness.I myself have been very busy with this crossbow and trying my very best to help promote it to the right people both here and oversea's.

6. Phil Talisman

Phil Talisman Member

Here are the latest picture's of them bullet bolt's,i have been working away on these along with the new Mantis. 36296813111_cb10910f81_o.jpg

7. Phil Talisman

Phil Talisman Member

These will be great very cheap ammo and great for smaller game and also for shooting anything you want and will come with a range of head tip's and weight's.Them Crown tip's will easily take down a Deer or Hog and even large game too with a heart & .lung shot,i will do test's with them when ready and report back with pic's and all info.

8. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

I always wondered about a rifled bolt of some kind with no fletching needed. I figure the way bare shafts fly with field points from a well tuned bow ,with alittle help from some rifling I could see broadheads flying good. I see what a foster rifled slug does at 4oyds from a smooth bore for accuracy an it,s amazing .

Fine looking rig with amazing speed ,wish money grew on trees so I could shoot an test all these new bows :p

9. Phil Talisman

Phil Talisman Member

:)Yes me too,lol,well i have tested them without rifling and they fly true and this should ensure very good long range accuracy with excellent down range kinetic energy.I have managed to get the Mantis Crossforce down to a much more affordable price for those that want something completely new very powerful and highly accurate.Why not apply to become a Pro Staff Shooter with us and end up with a free crossbow.

10. Phil Talisman

Phil Talisman Member

11. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

I would make a piss poor pro staff shooter as all my shooting an testing is done at home on my range or hunting. others on here that shoot 3D an hunt would make good pro staffers I,m sure.not much I havn,t tried ,like my bare shaft testing with field points an good grouping out to 50yds. broadheads a different thing all together as I can get real small profile heads like the rocket steelhead 100g to shoot good enough to hunt with at close to medium range.

fixed heads an most expandables go wild at 20yd an will miss the target completely like rage,slick trick,montec,muzzy, with ramcat being the most accurate fixed blade I shot on a bare shaft but close range only. someday I hope to get a bare shaft to shoot most broadheads accurate out to 50yd.

A good place around here to see an shoot the newest,latest bows is Lancaster Archery supply, Lancaster PA. great company to deal with for customers to walk in see ,shoot the latest bows. If you could get one in there hands for people to see an shoot at there shop word would get around quick an reach many as there a well known company .(that way I could go there an try one out :p )

Last edited: Aug 12, 2017
  12. Phil Talisman

Phil Talisman Member

Thank you very much i will try and contact them.

13. Phil Talisman

Phil Talisman Member

Hi all on here,i am also bringing out some brand new crossbow bolt's the Talisman Crossforce crossbow bolt's.These are made using ultra stiff multi weave carbon tubing with an O.D of 7.5 mm and in I.D of 6 mm and will offer much better resistance to cross wind's and also carry more downrange K.E.I will upload some picture's when i get some done i will offer these along side the new MANTIS & MANTIS ELITE Crossforce camless compound crossbow's.

14. Phil Talisman

Phil Talisman Member

Here is a picture of the all handmade prototype Mantis Crossforce camless compound sporting crossbow fitted with the 17" compound bow limb's and this made it the most narrowest crossbow out there today,but we found that with the available high power on board it was very difficult at time's to remove the cocking sled from the cocked bowstring. Because of the sharp string angle so we made up a new set of bow limb's that were 19" wide and 17" axial to axial and this made a dramatic improvement in both cocking sled removal and bowstring wear.We may well have inspired other crossbow companie's to go down the ultra narrow rout like Ravin,Tenpoint,lol who know's.But you can go too narrow as the string serving will suffer due to the sharp string angle,we want total reliability and good string longevity so we decided to go slightly wider with our unique sporting crossbow's and they are still one of the narrowest crossbow's out there and still the fastest crossbow's available today at 450 fps & 500 fps with a 400 grn arrow. 35acac98e2fc4ff5a3a7f57aa3743b83.jpg

15. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

That,s a fine looking piece! That baby's fast!

You have the skill to make things! I would like to see a gun like my brake barrel hw 30 shoot arrows. simple,light weight,match trigger ,just like my hw 30.just break the barrel down an push an arrow in with fletching that folds down an comes out after it leaves the barrel . I would like one like that an could care less if it had limbs ,but must be self operated with no tanks or pumps.

16. Phil Talisman

Phil Talisman Member

Many thank's Masboy,When we first installed the new 17" bow limb's it looked a fair bit out of proportion and did take some getting used too.But when we cocked it and shot it for the very first time with a very heavy arrow we were very impressed with the power it delivered.It sent a solid steel arrow clean through a piece of 6mm thick Aluminium and denting a piece of 8mm thick toughened Aluminium behind it.It was quite scary taking the very first shot with it,lol and i wore a full face crash helmet and thick coat and glove's to be extra safe but everything was fine and from then on everything just started to fall into place. Now it has come a very long way and it is so quiet when being shot even with very light weight arrow's of 300 grn's or less.You are not so limited to arrow's with this design you can go as low as 300 grn's without any damage to the crossbow or bowstring even when set on the very highest power setting.

17. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

That would be something to shoot an see! maybe someday lancaster archery will get one of your bows in an I would get to shoot one.

Reminds me of our matrix limb vortex being cocked with the helmet an all ,I was alittle scared also :eek::eek::p

18. Phil Talisman

Phil Talisman Member

Here it is with the same width 17" bowlimbs but these were made from Magnesium alloy and heat treated for high strength. mantis 11.jpg

19. Phil Talisman

Phil Talisman Member

Thanking you,i just love crossbow's and i am alway's trying to think of new and innovative fun way's to improve on them.

20. Phil Talisman

Phil Talisman Member

I have an HW 80 break barrel air rifle it's an old gun one of the very first and i customized the wooden stock and action,here it is. 36744700695_d2e709af52_o.jpg