"Terrible" dilemma!

Discussion in 'General Crossbow Discussion' started by jacol84, Dec 13, 2017.

1. jacol84

jacol84 Active Member

Local Cabelas (probably all stores, but not online) has the Centerpoint Sniper on sale starting tomorrow for $229. I also have about 60 points I "should" use.;) Yesterday, I was 95+% I was going over to get one tomorrow. Now, after playing with my current bows and the Excal build preview, I'm close to 75% passing on it.:confused:

Oppie likes this.
  2. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

I seen that in a flyer they sent ,looks like a good deal if your in the market for one. don,t see how you could beat that bow for the money from what I read about them. It,s hard to get away from them home built parts bows as they are second to none in my book.

Oppie and jacol84 like this.
  3. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

I have lately purchased some things I had to have. When I see sales, I look, but then I reach down into my inner self and ask, do I really need this? That's when the child in me says heck yeah!:eek::p No, really. It's only a sale if you really need it!:cool: Try to exercise some self control Brother.:rolleyes::p:D

jacol84 and Stalker like this.
  4. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

Saw that just today and thought somebody's going to get a good deal just not me this time. I'll stick with Frank an keep my nasty ole frankin bows.
    I saw a Savage Axis rifle sale last weekend, $289 with a $100 rebate, $189 out the door. No scope but dang, I've paid more that that for used firearm's.

bbahunter likes this.
  5. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

Did you get a new toy?:p

Oppie likes this.
  6. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

Nope, Just shook my head an walked on!

7. Stalker

Stalker Member

Thats sounds just like me! First I saw a recurve on sale! Then just the other day saw a broad head target on sale.Got them both!:D:D

I really like my recurve.With that said It makes me really appreciate my CP Sniper.A great bow and the great price just makes it that much sweeter! I didn't need either 1 though:eek::D:D.

I say go for it Jeff! You only live once and you wont be sorry you got it!After shooting mine for a year I know I'm not ! :D 0917170923a.jpg 20171105_112306.jpg

Sorry dont mean to be a bad influence.You better listen to Dan:rolleyes::D

CT.crossbower, bbahunter and jacol84 like this.
  8. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

Love It!:cool:

bbahunter and Stalker like this.
  9. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

Congrats on the nice deer!. Love it.jpg

bbahunter, jacol84 and Stalker like this.
  10. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

I "borrowed" Dan's button :p

bbahunter, jacol84 and Stalker like this.
  11. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

Really a sweet looking compact crossbow. It works, that's the main thing!:D:cool:

bbahunter, Stalker and jacol84 like this.
  12. jacol84

jacol84 Active Member

The conflicting advise is awesome! :D You guys are great! :DPretty much what I expected, and that's fine. I still don't know what I'm gonna do.;) I'd like to find out what a compound crossbow is like, and I'm not going to get one cheaper. I was reading something about downsizing this morning, and that will happen eventually, I suppose. I'm surely crazy to already have 3 crossbows, and will still have 3 when I give the one away, and now 4 if I go up there tomorrow.:rolleyes: I used to be this way about rifles before I realized how good my main '06 really was. Can only hunt with rifles for 2 weeks in PA, and I can shoot a crossbow in the basement every day without pissing the wife off. Can't do that with a deer rifle!;) I guess I'll figure it out in the next 12 hrs. or so. Hey, maybe I could turn the Sniper into a cool compound franken-crossbow.;)

bbahunter, Stalker and xcaliber like this.
  13. Stalker

Stalker Member

100_2935.JPG
    The Dark side is calling you Jeff :eek::D

xcaliber and Oppie like this.
  14. jacol84

jacol84 Active Member

Must be an older pic, Paul. I don't see a 350 LE there.;)

15. Stalker

Stalker Member

It is a pic from last summer. I took this the other night.She fits right in my holder like all the others.

She is a SE and not a LE. I think that means just a different scope? Anybody know? I guess the SE stands for Special Edition and LE is Limited Edition? 20171211_012205.jpg

Attached Files:

bbahunter, xcaliber and Oppie like this.
  16. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

You know deep down we're all waiting for the trigger to drop :).

17. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

I have the solution for your problem :rolleyes: you buy this bow ,shoot it an give it a good testing over some time ,then after it passes everything an ready to go you give it to your friend . then you get to keep your new bow you build :rolleyes: win,win :p

xcaliber, jacol84 and Oppie like this.
  18. Stalker

Stalker Member

Good idea but once he shoots it he won't want to give it up!:D

xcaliber, Oppie and jacol84 like this.
  19. jacol84

jacol84 Active Member

That is a fine piece of equipment, Paul! (The holder and the bow):D

20. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

X2, nice.

Stalker likes this.