Target Hanger

Discussion in 'General Crossbow Discussion' started by Stalker, Mar 4, 2018.

1. Stalker

Stalker Member

I got some steel from my sil yesterday.Some angle iron for turning a small boat trailer into a utility trailer. Also got some square tubing. So I decided to make a hanger for the new target. Was going to make a "A" frame but decided making square cuts would be a lot easier:D Plus I can put a top on it this way if I want or use it as a bench or whatever.

Took 5 shots at it at 20 yards.It just about stops swinging after cocking and loading but not quiet:rolleyes: I figure it hanging may help its life a little by decreasing the penetration.

Looked like my shots were all a tad high.Still waiting on the rings I ordered to do a final sight in after installing the socket head screws.Supposed to be here tomorrow. 20180304_142259.jpg 20180304_161529.jpg

jacol84 and xcaliber like this.
  2. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

Very Nice. Now cut you a dark colored trash bag to throw over it, and you can leave it outside without the rain / sun eating it up.

jacol84 and Stalker like this.
  3. Stalker

Stalker Member

Too big for a trash bag.I was thinking a cheap grill cover. As it is, its not far, 20 yards to carry the target to a sheltered spot.I dont shoot that often at 20 yards anyway. Mainly just to sight in.The hanger can stay in place. It needs some more paint though. I could hang some flowers from it to please the wife though;):D

jacol84 and xcaliber like this.
  4. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

Nice looking rig ! I like the hanging targets ,less arrow damage hitting there holders when there sitting on something . shooting looks like that 380 is getting dialed in.

xcaliber likes this.
  5. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

Very nice.

xcaliber and Stalker like this.
  6. Stalker

Stalker Member

Took me a while but I ran across a piece of plywood somebody was throwing out:eek::D.Just the right size for a shed roof.:D Coated it with water proofing and then trimmed it out with 1x4's and painted it. Made it easily removable if need be. I've got about $35 invested and the Target was $28 :D The target should stay dry for the most part. 20180524_132906.jpg 20180524_132800.jpg

bbahunter, xcaliber and jacol84 like this.
  7. Stalker

Stalker Member

I hung the finishing touch today on the hanger today. I had my daughter make me a sign. She did a great job and it turned out just as I envisioned:D:D:D 20180612_100857.jpg 20180612_100910.jpg

jacol84 and 8ptbuk like this.