Stryker/Excalibur Offspring

Discussion in 'Bowtech/Stryker Crossbows' started by Long Gone, Jan 8, 2015.

1. Long Gone

Long Gone Active Member

2. Bones

Bones Guest

That was an easy call wasn't it ?? Lol Just waiting on some manufacturer spec's now?

Brubaker likes this.
  3. Long Gone

Long Gone Active Member

With the ability to un-cock without shooting and @ 350fps with 400gr/Splinters... These will sell like "Hot Cakes"!

Bring on them specs, Barrie! :D

4. Bones

Bones Guest

I see where your going from that 385 gr post but Just waiting to hear it from the horses mouth... Think your right though!

5. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

That,s cool! If I knew how to adj cam timing, make my own cables, strings for one an tune it I may like one a lot . as long as I can take something all apart an fix about anything on it I,m a happy camper :)

Oppie likes this.
  6. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

Me too

7. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

Nice, but I too will stick with the easy maintenance of the Excalibur designs, Simply Perfect!

Ragumup and Brubaker like this.
  8. jacol84

jacol84 Active Member

Another nice option. Bowtech with no bullpup and Excal trigger. Quieter and more compact.

9. 8ptbuk

8ptbuk Active Member

I agree with Dan ! Only way I'm interested in wheeled xbows is if I can change my own strings and cables and has a warranty like our Excals ! JMO !

Oppie likes this.
  10. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

Mission crossbow, requires no press to swap strings and cables. I know Vixenmaster Mike loves his.
    I live to far from any decent archery shops to be screwing around, I like my simple Excals!

OldschoolBH likes this.
  11. jacol84

jacol84 Active Member

Yeah, there is no way you can get away from the need for a press with limbs that are prestressed that much, without a super long limb bolt. Too bad the Mission gives up so much length with the parallel limbs and conventional cams. No foot stirrup helps.

12. Long Gone

Long Gone Active Member

RAM PRODUCTS have a neat/cheap little rig that takes care of these pre-stressed limbs in short order...;)

13. Joe

Joe Active Member

BAN BONES............... ( AKA BARRIE ) :D
    Joe

14. Bones

Bones Guest

Come on Joe !!! What have I done to you ? LOL Good time's !

Joe likes this.
  15. Long Gone

Long Gone Active Member

Holy smokes, Joe! That sounded just exactly like somethin' 'ol T-Fitty would say... ;)

Joe likes this.
  16. Joe

Joe Active Member

Guys Barrie and I go back a ways this Member shoots a arrow out to 100 yards with ballistic accuracy :) Welcome Aboard

Joe

17. Long Gone

Long Gone Active Member

Joe likes this.
  18. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

This video smokes the other one I seen on another forum. It is quiet, and requires little effort to cock. Not for me, but I see it selling well. I have about 30 friends, and coworkers that have recently gotten into crossbow hunting, and the marketing for wheeled units is strong. There are only 4 of us shooting recurve crossbows out of that group. I can see where the sales team has some focus here, and getting Excalibur known to more folks means they will explore the "Brand" offerings more as well. Could be a Win / Win for Bow Tech. My point here, not to slam wheelies is simply this, if i can get the size, and speed from recurve crossbows, and only have a single string to worry about, there is no advantage for me. On the other hand, if i can shed weight, gain speed with less effort, and enjoy the same reliability, then I have to at least look!

19. Long Gone

Long Gone Active Member

Here's another perspective... ;)

20. bbahunter

bbahunter Active Member

I might have to put the DTM back up for sale. ;)