Strait fish arrows

Discussion in 'Compound, Recurve & Long Bows - Vertical Archery' started by Masboy, Nov 23, 2015.

1. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

I get tired of fiber glass fish arrows that are not strait an don,t spin well. so I built these out of 2315 .001 super slams with the uni -nock stuffed with a fiber glass fish arrow that,s a snug fit,AMS safety slide, that spin great. next I will paper tune them with the string attached to get them to fly the best I can an be ready. i like the best accurcy I can get no matter what I shoot.

Also made a hybrid 20 strand flemish string for this 62 inch samic sage out 50-50 mix of 452 , fury :p only pulls 35 lb. so using up some material I have left . sure is nice to make flemish strings for any bow an string length . if you bowfish these are fine arrows that fly great an easy to make.
    6A602601-B9B8-4ED4-BCF4-23D8231788B8_zps6jynj6pi.jpg

jacol84 and bow like this.
  2. bow

bow Member

as always Mas, lovely jubbly work. i bet making your own strings can come in well handy... nice work fella

3. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

Had fish arrow failure as I had these longer ones made using slugged fiberglass fish arrows that were only 20 inches long for my crossbow .shot great but one bent an one broke at the end of the slug. should have known better but all I had.

I made these today an used a 32 inch carbon heritage 500 full length for the slug an fit great in these 2315 super slams . not as heavy now as with the fiberglass slug but total weight with tip an everything should be around 1000 gr. waiting for the glue to setup then drill the holes for the safety slide stops. lots of trial an error ,broken things when your not real smart :p

677ED56B-0E6E-4991-A47F-1557C3395DCE_zpsihokv4kp.jpg

4. jacol84

jacol84 Active Member

Love your projects, Frank. Lots of amazing stuff.

5. B&R

B&R Member

frank have you tryed driveway markers all fiberglass i pined the pionts on with a nail i have hit rocks and stuff never broke one have buster nocks off but they can be changed out fast i carry a few

6. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

Here,s my new arrows I made yesterday that are now cured an ready to shoot. shot them out of my samic sage at 10yds. today with fingers an could not be happier. use the tip of the arrow to aim with an was aiming at the middle dot an high but that will be fine after I attach the string that makes them hit alittle lower. maybe dead on at 12-15 Yds. with the string attached an windy now so will wait for a calm day to try. look out fish!
    EEDBB05D-1683-4221-9128-36C03FDA2B3D_zpsx20l3hf6.jpg

7. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

I predict a carp shooting in the near future :rolleyes:

8. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

It,s just like deer hunting as I do better on targets than deer,fish :p

9. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

Tested my bowfishing rig out today off the bridge over the creek that runs into the river. everything works great an sighted in good as I shot twice at the little black spot about 20yds. Just under the water at the edge of the little sandbar .hit about 6 inches under both shots at 20yds. then tryed at 10 yards an dead on just like I hit at home on my target. I,m ready an now need some fish to shoot at.
    827500D2-50C7-4A7F-9D9D-00625A1C91FD_zpsehwarwk9.jpg
    72099CA8-3EEB-43BA-8E15-BFD3E7532486_zpsm5zujdze.jpg
    30A0856C-C400-45ED-9ECD-A39F46C286CE_zpsfzeecnjo.jpg

Last edited: Apr 14, 2016
    Jack Pine and B&R like this.
  10. B&R

B&R Member

great job wish could go to

11. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

I kind of gave up on shooting a deer with this recurve as I planned to do but after shooting my Bextrix ,Elite an knowing how accurate they are I found out I,m not a traditional purist that hates crossbows,coumpounds :confused::p glad I did lots of practice with fingers an made me a much better recurve shot for bowfishing. now I have a 600$ bowfishing bow to abuse while bowfishing :confused::p

12. Jack Pine

Jack Pine Active Member

Don't forget to push the button before you shoot Frank LOL!

13. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

That,s coming with my brain I,m sure :p