Step One.

Discussion in 'Excalibur Crossbows' started by jacol84, Dec 20, 2017.

1. jacol84

jacol84 Active Member

Grey Ghost front riser:limbs.jpg

Matrix limbs from Brian, dipped by Wyvern in Shadowbark. Fitted to the Exo forward riser from Bruce (just opened the box today). String stops are Brian's custom S-5s with Mac Daddy stoppers.:D First did everything on the wife's list, then I had time to work on this.;) Step 2 will be getting the blue Apex rail powdercoated as close as possible to the riser color. That won't happen for a little while though. Tightened up and lock tited. Won't try shooting it until Friday.:(
  2. 8ptbuk

8ptbuk Member

Love that camo !
    xcaliber and jacol84 like this.
  3. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

That,s going to make one fine rig!
    xcaliber likes this.
  4. Vital Limits

Vital Limits Member

Camo looks killer!
    xcaliber likes this.
  5. MI_Bowhunter

MI_Bowhunter Member

Looks good, that camo is great!
    xcaliber likes this.
  6. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

Very cool camo, The S5 string stops are the way to go, I've used those Mac Daddy stoppers and they are pretty sweet.
    xcaliber likes this.
  7. 8ptbuk

8ptbuk Member

I have been thinking of installing a set of S5 stops on my Exocet, Would like to find a used set at a good price or maybe trade for them. Please tell Me a little more about these, Look awesome !
    Oppie likes this.
  8. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

They have a basic 3/8 rod that can be adjusted for length with a set screw. The 3/8 rod lets you use a lot of different archery rubber stops, I'm using a set the HiTek VOID stops an like them a lot. Seem like I cut a little bit off them to match my rod length. The S5 can be tough to find but you never know.
    HiTek void:
    xcaliber likes this.
  9. jacol84

jacol84 Active Member

Mike, Brian machines them down, I believe. He can tell you more specifically.
    xcaliber likes this.
  10. Stalker

Stalker Member

Lookin Good!
  11. jacol84

jacol84 Active Member

Thanks for the link, Bruce. You can also use Norway stoppers ($11 ?) or the non-slotted Bowjax, which are $5.99 the last time I checked.
    xcaliber and Oppie like this.
  12. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

Woops, got my stops mixed up! STS stops have the 3/8 rod, Excal's S5 has the ball knob.

Think I have used the box jax before an prob will again.
  13. jacol84

jacol84 Active Member

Grey Ghost blue rail.jpg

Mostly together now. Rail has to get powdercoated. Still has a standard scope mount but a new Guardian is sitting on the work bench waiting for me to fit a brush retainer in it. This one, with the forward trigger/thumbhole stock is only 33 1/2" long.:) Weight is 7# even like this. May be why it holds so steady. Patriot is 6.25# and the 355 SS is only 6 even. SS needs some front weight (probably dis bars) to hold well for me.
    xcaliber and bbahunter like this.
  14. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

Oh that's purty, I'd shoot that :p ! Yes, add on the brush retainer, they work very well.
    xcaliber likes this.
  15. robertyb

robertyb Member

16. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

I like that rig!

I just mostly neuter my s5 an they work great with my low brace height I run.
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2017
    xcaliber likes this.
  17. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

Is that $12.88 each or for a pair of them?

Looks like each, I picked mine up a couple of years back along with some slotted bowjax. Both work good but I just like the voids look with a smaller profile.

I know a guy that has a set of dis-bars, only used a few hundred times :D.
  18. jacol84

jacol84 Active Member

Bruce, I have a spare pair. Some really nice guy sent them to me a while ago.;)
    xcaliber likes this.
  19. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

Looks real nice!
  20. 8ptbuk

8ptbuk Member

Looks Good !
    xcaliber likes this.