Squirrel appreciation day

Discussion in 'General Chatter & Off Topic' started by Masboy, Jan 21, 2019.

1. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

Seen this on Fox News today ,it,s squirrel appreciation day:oops: I guess I should appreciate everything he has chewed up in our home :rolleyes::p
    image.png

Oppie and xcaliber like this.
  2. jacol84

jacol84 Active Member

I sure do appreciate all the bird food the 3 squirrels in my back yard are able to eat. :rolleyes:

I also appreciate than none of them have gotten in the house yet.;) You have far more patience that I do, Frank.

bbahunter, Stalker and xcaliber like this.
  3. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

I didn,t appreciate him this morning as I grabbed him to put him in his cage for a few minutes as I did something . he got mad an didn,t want to go as I had ahold of him,didn,t take me long to let go as he put the real teeth chattering squirrel bite on me:eek::confused:. he then took off running as I went for the squirrel stick as he,s not the only one with a temper . he decided to hide till I calmed down ,then came up to me like he did no wrong :p

Stalker and xcaliber like this.
  4. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

Wise of him to wait you out Frank!:p

Stalker likes this.
  5. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

Yepper very wise:mad: after I cleaned the blood off my hand an got calmed down ,I could finally smile again on this squirrel appreciation day again :p

Stalker and xcaliber like this.
  6. robertyb

robertyb Member

Do squirrels carry rabies? :rolleyes:dead:

7. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

Not very often I read,this one was raised as a dropper fed baby by my daughter .if so I would have it forsure as much as I been squirrel bit :p

Oppie likes this.
  8. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

My little buddy has to be close me most times.i get him a couple cashews every morning from the can an put them in my mouth to get the salt off them . he knows I have them there an sits on my chest waiting,so I started just sticking the tit of the cashew out of my mouth an he grabs it real gentle an pulls it out an eats it sitting on my lap :p I would be bored to death this time year if my little buddy wasn,t here . I got him trained to jump off the top of the kitchen cabinets .all I have to do is extend my arm look at him an hold my hand out an say jump an he jumps right on :p he,s like a sheep dog as I tell him get the 2 cats an he will round them up one at a time an chase them up the steps :D
    image.png

Last edited: Jan 29, 2019
    Munch007, bbahunter and xcaliber like this.
  9. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

Squirrel boy having some breakfast ,he was helping eat my toast this morning sitting on my right hand as I ate with my left.never thought I would be sharing breakfast with a squirrel:p
    View attachment 10927

Munch007, xcaliber and bbahunter like this.
  10. Munch007

Munch007 Member

That's too cool!
    I was severely scolded by the squirrel living in my shop yesterday as I was working on the wife's Camry.
    ... guess I was making too much of a ruckus, she popped her head out of a hole in the insulation and chattered away at me.
    I don't mind the foul mouthed tennant's ... they's better than the foul smelling tennant I had last Year.
    ;)

11. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

When they start chattering there teeth ,you better be prepared for the squirrel bite :confused::pI can do about anything to my squirrel playing,but don,t get too ruff even if he does ,piss him off :eek: :p I,m learning :p

Munch007 and xcaliber like this.
  12. Munch007

Munch007 Member

With the dog around, they'll stay in the rafters or book it for the trees. This one was a little more challenging, must've had a litter she was protecting as I noticed that the skin on some cardboard boxes was torn away and the collar on my welding jacket had been chewed up. Looking for nesting materials no doubt.

13. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

Here,s my boy drinking apple cider ,he likes it almost as much as I do .
    image.png

xcaliber, bbahunter and Munch007 like this.
  14. Munch007

Munch007 Member

Careful ... I saw a little video on Facebook about how squirrels enjoy fermented fruit ... not for taste,
    to get hammered!! Appears they can have issues ... :)

xcaliber likes this.
  15. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

Who doesn’t like a little “Hard” Cider now & again! :p:cool:

Munch007 and bbahunter like this.