Skunked

Discussion in 'General Chatter & Off Topic' started by Masboy, Oct 24, 2018.

1. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

Not deer hunting skunked either :confused: laying here with one window partly open an started smelling skunk ,then remembered I forgot to leave our hound in as I let her out to pottie . jumped up an opened the door an she came running in :eek: mr skunk got her pretty good ,we're all skunked now ,grand daughter sprayed her with perfume ,making herself a face mask :p wife will like this when she gets home from work around midnight :eek: I will be sleeping upstairs an play dumb like I know nothing :cool::p

xcaliber and 8ptbuk like this.
  2. jacol84

jacol84 Active Member

3. Patriot

Patriot Member

lol! To be continued......:D

xcaliber and bbahunter like this.
  4. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

The wife didn,t say much ,she just asked what happen . I said all I did was let the dog out to pottie ,when done she ran back in :rolleyes: grand daughter said everyone in school said she stinks :confused::p I told her just tell them it,s that new skunk perfume,she didn,t think that was funny :p I,ve taken baths in mater juice as a kid an that seemed to help. I remember using it as a cover scent bow hunting years ago. I always got some on me for some reason an smelled more like a skunk than our dog does now :p

Last edited: Oct 25, 2018
    Stalker, xcaliber and bbahunter like this.
  5. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

Wife said at her work ,they thought that had a gas leak from the smell :eek::p she said no it,s just the skunk smell :oops::p wife,s been burning scented candles an thought that took care of it :rolleyes::p

6. Munch007

Munch007 Member

Lol, I have had this happen.
    Our Wolfhound got to play with the skunk one night (unbeknownst to me)
    and when I went to let him in, the bugger bolts through the house in a panic, with that smell trailing him everywhere. My daughter and I trying to get him to the tub. He slipped her grip and ran into the bedroom and jumped up and snuggled up tightly to Mom ...

7. Munch007

Munch007 Member

Our best formula for de- skunkin was
    a mix of warm water with hydrogen peroxide and some dish soap.
    The peroxide tackles the ammonia side of the spray and the dish soap cuts and lifts the oily side of the spray from fur.
    Works better than anything else I've tried.
    Keep out of the eyes tho. ;)

8. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

I,ll have to remember that ,been skunked quite a few time by our dogs .don,t bother me as I,ve smelled much worse things than skunk.pretty potent if you get a good dose up close as I have a few times :p

Munch007 likes this.
  9. Munch007

Munch007 Member

Ya, I find that the smell up close isn't really bad ... kinda like spicey Asian cooking lol

10. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

My big brother always told me if you can pick em up by their tail they can't spray you :eek:, he claimed they need both hind legs on the ground to spray :p.

Munch007 and xcaliber like this.
  11. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

Not sure I’d like to test that theory.

12. Munch007

Munch007 Member

That's my information as well. They need to flex muscle with their hind legs to make the squirter squirt ...
    I personally have NOT tested the theory ...;)

xcaliber likes this.
  13. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

Me either, I got talked into some stupid stuff but I'm not that stupid :eek:......

Munch007 and xcaliber like this.