Should be a surgeon

Discussion in 'General Chatter & Off Topic' started by Masboy, Oct 12, 2017.

1. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

So hot out I been fishing an Murphy loves watching me take my fish off an then the operation :confused: I got these new lures that are rapala ripping raps an real fish catchers with a good name.they have extra sharp triple hooks that stick in everything.

I was catching lots of smallies in th fast water an removing them by getting them by the mouth with one hand an removing the lure with the other.i reached to grab one with the pole bent over an just as I had my hand in front of his mouth he fell off an the pole sprung up pulling the lure hook into my thumb :eek: burried it in past the curve of the hook an th deepest I ever had. I knew this was going to be another job for my snap ring pliers like last week. so I tried to pick the angle the barb was in as to not do to much damage,so I cringed abit an gave a hard yank an bingo it came out but felt a pain in my index finger as I burried the rear hook in it as I pulled the other out :eek: I then yanked it out alittle easier being careful where the other hook was :oops: now I use pliers only an treat them like I was taking a shark off :p

jacol84 likes this.
  2. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

What? You going all safety on us? :p

3. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

I think so :p seems like I get hurt or cut doing anything anymore an need to find some safer hobbies :rolleyes:

xcaliber likes this.
  4. jacol84

jacol84 Active Member

I think we have a lot in common, Frank.;)

xcaliber likes this.
  5. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

No BS, some ding ding was taking a picture kissing a fish, and the damn thing went down his throat! I don't recall the species, but it was a salt water fish with sharp gills & fins, and the guy went into cardiac arrest choking on the fish! The paramedics had to use forceps to keep the fish in tight while pulling it out of his throat so it would not go into defense mode. What a knucklehead!:eek:

Oppie and jacol84 like this.
  6. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

That,s something ! I guess when your not so bright you can get hurt doing anything, even fishing :rolleyes::p

xcaliber likes this.
  7. jacol84

jacol84 Active Member

Still remember a week long trip to the St. Lawrence. We were fishing weed beds for pike. My buddy had a bottle of merthiolate for the hook wounds. By the end of the week, our hands wer more orange than flesh colored.;)

Frank, you may be a willing risk taker, but not bright is inaccurate!:rolleyes:

xcaliber likes this.
  8. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

Another lesson for Frank on Playing with sharp pointy things :). It ain't fun if ya don't lose a little blood now & then :oops:

xcaliber likes this.
  9. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

Lol! If Jeff spent alittle time around me he would sure have a different opinion on that :oops: :p

xcaliber likes this.
  10. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

Frank, you're just like me. I'm perfectly fine going into something knowing I'm going to muck it up once, or twice before I get it licked!:p:cool: