Sent Peter a Email this morning

Discussion in 'General Crossbow Discussion' started by Stalker, May 29, 2018.

1. Stalker

Stalker Member

Sent him a email with pics of this twisted limb!

I asked if I could just send in the limbs to be replaced with the same or higher deflection numbers because I feel the riser is fine.But will swap limbs to check. I just dont want to get back limbs and or front end that shoot slower than advertised like last time.

You can see in these pics of the bumpers how the tiller is off and the twisted limb. What do you guys think? Am I being anal? Bow is shooting good. 20180523_124557.jpg 20180523_124628.jpg 20180523_124636.jpg 20180523_124540.jpg

2. jacol84

jacol84 Active Member

Well, see what he says. Your pics say it is off a bit. My bottom line is always how a bow shoots open blade broadheads, but I thought I remember you shooting Shwackers. I've adjusted/fixed some issues when other forum know-it-alls told me I should "Live wid it." Then again, I don't go to the extent a lot of the really high speed, long range guys do. You should be able to be happy with your crossbow. I know you've had issues with this bow before, so I can see why you would want it to be right.

bbahunter likes this.
  3. Jack Pine

Jack Pine Active Member

That would bug me and I would want it fixed, they cost too much to put up with crap.

4. Stalker

Stalker Member

Well Peter doesn't seem to think its that big of a deal. But yeah it does bug me!

He asked how the bow was shooting? He told me to measure from where the limbs exit the riser to the string and we would go from there. He said it looked like the tiller being off would hardly be detectable.

He went on to say for it to effect accuracy it would have to be off about 1/4" or more and may be detectable with broad heads.:eek::rolleyes: He said that my limb twist didn't look bad and rarely has negative effects. He said there was little chance it would get worse.He said limb twist was caused by the way the limb was removed from the mold.

There is about a 1/16" difference from the string to the limb at the riser exit. The bow is shooting good.So I may just have to live with it. I'll swap sides and see if that changes anything. We'll see what he says after I give him the measurement.

5. bbahunter

bbahunter Active Member

I would swap limbs side to side also, and see what happens with that. Hopefully that helps.

jacol84 and Stalker like this.
  6. 8ptbuk

8ptbuk Active Member

I wouldn't like it either, The twisted limb would concern Me more than the tiller.

jacol84 likes this.
  7. robertyb

robertyb Member

I would call Danny Miller (740-483-2312) and tell him about the twisted limbs. Tell him you want a fast set of limbs. I swapped a set of 96 deflection in snow camo with him for a set of black 100s a few years back. It only cost me postage to mail my limbs to him.

8. jacol84

jacol84 Active Member

It's a shame, but his response doesn't surprise me, especially since your bow was already back to them for limbs. I would not like the limb twist, but again, my bottom line is how it shoots. I have a set of limbs right now that are off by 1/16" and they definitely shoot broadheads off to the left by a few inches. They seemed to group OK, but I never really shot that extensively to see. I suspect if a limb set's tiller was off by 1/4", you might be able to shoot around corners with broadheads.:rolleyes:

Stalker likes this.
  9. Stalker

Stalker Member

I did that last time and got back a front end that shot over 15fps slow! Then was told if I wanted to whine about it to contact Peter!
    Imo Jeff that could just be the broad heads but I may be wrong.

I do agree about the 1/4" reply.I thought that was absurd!!!

Peter emailed back this morning and said he didn't think the 1/16" would effect accuracy but if I want to send them in they would try to find a better match.:D I'm going to swap sides to make sure it isn't the riser before sending them in.

jacol84 likes this.
  10. Jack Pine

Jack Pine Active Member

Sounds like a plan!

jacol84 likes this.
  11. Stalker

Stalker Member

Swapped sides and the tiller is a little better. The twist doesn't seem to be as noticeable but is still there. I told Peter I'd send them in as long as I got the same deflection numbers or better. Expecting a reply in the morning.

12. Stalker

Stalker Member

Finally got RMA number.Going to send the whole front end in. Peter said he put in a note with the RMA to send at least the same weight limbs:D Hopefully the third time will be the charm

jacol84 likes this.
  13. jacol84

jacol84 Active Member

Good luck.:)

Stalker likes this.
  14. Stalker

Stalker Member

I'm hoping to see a "SIMPLY PERFECT RECURVE" when It gets back :rolleyes::D

xcaliber and jacol84 like this.
  15. Stalker

Stalker Member

Waiting on the brown truck today.Less than a week turn around.Which is outstanding:D I just hope they got it right. Otherwise turn around will be a mute point.

jacol84 likes this.
  16. Stalker

Stalker Member

Well I got it back. Speed wise the bow is good about 4 fps faster than the limbs I sent back:D It shot a 352gn Diablo 352fps with one of Dan's Flemish strings:D So I'd say a 350 gn with the stock string would do 357 fps. 20180607_130754.jpg 20180607_130501.jpg Tiller is pretty good maybe 1/32 off at most. Still looks like one of the limbs is twisted though.The string doesn't look centered.:( At this point I'll live with it. I've done all I can do.

Sighted it back in and it shot great just like before:D "Recurve Simply Almost Perfect":rolleyes::rolleyes:
    20180607_142714.jpg 20180607_142736.jpg

bbahunter, 8ptbuk and jacol84 like this.
  17. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

It could be an improperly machined riser. It would not take much to get a bit of an angle if it were the riser. The good news though is that it would shoot consistently. Swap limbs from one side to the other, if the twist is still on the same side, it's not the limb.

Stalker likes this.
  18. jacol84

jacol84 Active Member

Definitely could be that. You made me think about one other possibility. Is there any play at all between the limb and the sides of the limb strap, recoil plate area? If there is any, I'd take that string off, loosen the main limb bolt, and push that limb down to try and center the string, then tighten it back up.

Stalker and xcaliber like this.
  19. Stalker

Stalker Member

Its not the riser.This is the riser I sent in.They just changed limbs.Swapped them out before with it and it was the limb.

xcaliber likes this.