River runs getting worse

Discussion in 'General Chatter & Off Topic' started by Masboy, May 9, 2019.

1. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

I read 2118 was one of the worse years for the shad count passage at the coniwingo fish lift at only 6000:confused: I also read striped bass are at a low an fishing will now likly be banned next year . lots say the fishermans catch an release doing the most damage ,not the netters,pollution :rolleyes: unreal as there fish commission is like ours:mad: big plant in the South Bay wipes out the mehaden an other baitfish ,byusing airplanes spotting schools of bait an putting the netters on them to wipe them out. all about money ,who cares if they clean out the stripers food supply :(so a shad trip may be a waste of time :confused:

Last edited: May 9, 2019
    Oppie likes this.
  2. jacol84

jacol84 Active Member

I don't know about the Susky, Frank. The shad fishermen in the Delaware seem to be doing very well this year in spite of the high water most of the time. I have not gotten to do any fishing so far this year, so I don't personally know, but that's the info I've been getting. Some are getting small stripers while shad fishing too.

Oppie likes this.
  3. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

I never fished the Deleware river but read it has some great fishing. I plan on heading down to port deposit for some fishing soon as it clears up. I will try for some shad an see if the reports are accurate. if no shad there,I will do some walleye fishing that,s pretty good with larger fish than above the dam where I live. sons got a motel booked for next week at lewes Deleware for some Roosevelt inlet flounder fishing . he wants me to go but I may have to help my other son.i love jigging for flounder an my favorite fishing,eating fish.

jacol84 likes this.
  4. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

Just made up my mind,heading for lewes Delaware early tues morning with my son for flounder,blues ,stripers . he has a room reserved for a couple days that comes with a good big breakfast every morning :oops: I,m excited!!!!! i can taste the flounder already:p

xcaliber, Oppie and jacol84 like this.
  5. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

Don't forget the pictures!

6. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

Good luck, and have fun Frank!

7. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

I will have fun picking on his red headed buddy that,s going along . I already started as he came here with my son the other day wearing one of them Aussie hats.he was standing buy my son as I was laying on the couch an I looked up an said ,who,s the kangaroo fulker with you :D son cracked up,me bad:p he,s the kind of fellow that thinks he knows everything about everything an we injoy beating the piss out of him fishing ,shooting . he has custom high dollar guns ,that we enjoy beating the piss out of them :p

Last edited: May 11, 2019
    xcaliber likes this.
  8. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

Now that's living! :D:cool:

Oppie likes this.
  9. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

Amen :).
    Safe travels and good luck, show those boy's how fish are caught, or at least look good tryin :p.

xcaliber and jacol84 like this.
  10. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

I think they take me along ,just for cheap intertainment :oops::p

xcaliber and Oppie like this.
  11. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

It's a tough job but somebody's got to do it :).

xcaliber likes this.
  12. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

Yep, be safe and try to behave.:p:cool:

13. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

As long as you have fun, that's all that matters.

14. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

Son just called ,said the worst flounder catch of the day buys supper each day:rolleyes: looks like red headed whitey will be buying everyday:D I call him whitey because I seen him set out in the boat all day in the heat with a hoodie over his head to keep the sun off.looked like he was sleeping with his head hanging down holding his pole out the side.he use to come along when we fished the Delaware bay ,when we got in from fishing we would all jump in an clean the boat an do all the work,he would head for our camper an set at the table in the AC an watch us out the window do all the work in the heat:mad:then I would have to buy his supper as we all went out to eat:confused: see why I like picking on whitey:D

Oppie likes this.
  15. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

There's one in every group :rolleyes:. Susky turned brown and angry again this weekend, will this rain ever let up o_O ??

16. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

Looks like another one of them years:confused:the good news I see there closing three mile island nuke plant down , then we need to get rid of the peachbottom one ,that would make me feel better .there putting up natural gas plants all around here an I think that,s better than nuke plants.

Oppie likes this.
  17. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

I agree, close em down and fire up the natural gas generation plants. We have one of the new generation natural gas power generation plant near here, it's air cooled and only uses river water for emergency cooling.
    Besides us landowners here in NePa need the natural gas royalties money Y'all heard so much about :rolleyes:.