Resident geese

Discussion in 'Crossbow Hunting - Everything Else' started by Masboy, Sep 11, 2016.

1. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

PA resident geese in till the 25 an allowed 8 per day I think so going out on the water in the morning for some smallie fishing an taking my crossbow that,s scoped an sighted in to 70yds. with the Nikon 3x9 BDC rifle scope ,zombies, ramcats an deadly accurate out to 70 yds. an see no problem wacking a goose as they sit on the water . just got to get close enough as they are not tame by a long shot . I,ve shot lots of things with bows but never a duck or goose an just seems it would be exciting to wack some . I think these old ramcats will distroy a goose like they do on deer an hope to find out someday when I get a shot. a 20 inch 420g zombie with 92grbrass insert,solid aluminum rear nock,blazers ,100gr tip will float strait up with some fletching sticking out of the water.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2016
    bunyip slayer and jacol84 like this.
  2. bunyip slayer

bunyip slayer Active Member

I shot a goose when a kid with a bow and arrow.went through its head the arrow stayed in there and it floated around the pound with a arrowsticking through its head.
    still alive! i got in the water with my pocket knife and was chacing after it.
    i think i was trying to show off in frount of some girls....that backfired! They screamed...ran off! I was 14 at the time i think.the police showed up said i wasnt allowed to shoot stuff at my local park!

3. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

Now I know why they don,t want you Aussies having guns :p

bunyip slayer likes this.
  4. bunyip slayer

Lol...hey i had a slug gun at the time!
    Found it out at the dump.had no stock.i keept getting bit of my finger
    pinched in the spring!
    Got a bolt action when 17
    I shot SLR's when i was first in cadets.
    18 years old.it would bruse my shoulder at first!...i forgot what this thread was about!!!lol

5. bunyip slayer

Yes...they took my guns away...but i can still type dam it!!!lol...

6. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

I better be quiet as there trying to take ours also.

7. bunyip slayer

Guess what tho?! I got a LETTER a while ago from the FIRE ARMS BRANCH of the Police.
    have to do my TAFE firearms safety course.and i can get a class of licence that allows me to get a bolt action .22!
    Have to join the rifle club.
    theres a brno mod 2 i think for sale for $850
    Few of my local mates all go hunting ,shooting the .303's

8. bunyip slayer

Ive re newed my hunting permit so im allready to go hunting again soon!
    the geese reminded me of the big bush turkeys up north.!

9. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

Just got back an seen lots of geese as I was fishing an some within easy shot gun range flying around but I did not get my gun out of the case as the smallies were biting great an caught a lot. also a bunch sitting on the water not far away that would have been good crossbow shots . but left my bow home an doing more scouting to see where there hanging out an flying around .

goose hunting in the morning for sure an leave the fishing pole alone. got some information on big musky seen around the grass beds where I launch from others an a bass fisherman fishing bass at the beds this morning said he seen a real trophy musky this morning swimming around.fishing will do nothing but get better as the water cools an all are welcome to come along anytime for some great fishing or try your luck at a crossbow goose.

10. bunyip slayer

Thers a lot of duck shotgun shooters here.when its duck season.they have a hunting season for ducks here.