Put on a new face today!

Discussion in 'General Crossbow Discussion' started by Stalker, Jun 23, 2019.

1. Stalker

Stalker Member

:D:D:D
    Put a new face on my home made target today. I just left the old ones on since they were still working pretty good. With thousands of shots in almost 4 years. This stuff has really held up great! I have enough of the material to replace it 5 more times:D Really only one bad spot due to a broad head that poked through the broad head target but It had developed a couple of soft spots I had to watch out for with a 400fps bow so I figured I'd replace it while I adjusted/repacked it. Only the third time in 4 years and I shoot a lot!
    https://www.crossbownation.com/community/threads/made-a-new-target-today.36180/ [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Only got 1 shot in before the bottom fell out of the sky:( [​IMG]

jacol84, xcaliber and Jack Pine like this.
  2. Jack Pine

Jack Pine Active Member

I never saw a guy that hated dots so much LOL

jacol84, xcaliber and Stalker like this.
  3. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

Looks like great stuff ! A great target makes shooting a pleasure ,a poor one makes it a chore .

jacol84 and Stalker like this.
  4. Stalker

Stalker Member

X2 on that. It was getting to be a pain avoiding the soft spots.

jacol84 likes this.
  5. jacol84

jacol84 Active Member

Nice job Paul. What is the material you used for the cover? I recently got a Hurricane “bag” target, but it’s going back to Cabela’s. Tough pull, and I already lost a point and insert in it.:mad: Built a small version of your target in a tote, and it works well. No more penetration than the hurricane, but typical easy pull of a real bag type target.:D

6. Stalker

Stalker Member

I'm not positive what it is Jeff. A friend who has passed away Eric Waldrin who you probably remember "Captain Eric" told me it was Heavy duty Fiberglass roving. Which makes sense since I got it at a marina I work for from time to time. They used it to cover boat bumpers at their gas docks and didn't know what it was. It was in the Maintenance shop when they bought the marina. I've looked on ebay and have found some that looks similar. The marina ran out and now is using something different that isn't near as tough. I'm just glad I got what I did. It should last me another 20 years:D

xcaliber and jacol84 like this.
  7. Jack Pine

Jack Pine Active Member

I remember Cap Waldron; sure do miss his input on the forum.

jacol84 likes this.
  8. Stalker

Stalker Member

I miss him as well.We used to do a lot of PMing. He had invited me to go fishing with him shortly before he passed. Sorry I never got the chance.

9. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

He was a cool dude for sure. I yapped with him several times about all sorts of stuff, he is missed here as well!

Stalker likes this.
  10. jacol84

jacol84 Active Member

Captain Eric was top shelf for sure. Wanted to take my youngest son on a fishing trip with him for a graduation gift, but he was booked years in advanced.

xcaliber and Stalker like this.