Parker Bows is closing up.

Discussion in 'General Chatter & Off Topic' started by Oppie, Dec 17, 2018.

1. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

Did anyone else get the email from Parer bows stating they are closing, any warranty work must be in before Dec. 31st.

Dear Sir or Madam:
    Parker Bows has made the difficult decision to cease operations. We have explored what we believe to be all possible options to continue operations in one form or another but to no avail. It has truly been an honor to have been a part of your hunting seasons for over two decades. And it is hard to put into words what your loyalty and support has meant to us.
    Effective as of the date of this email (December 17, 2018), all Parker and Red Hot branded products sold will be without a warranty regardless of statements on the packaging or in owner’s manuals. We will make every effort to honor existing warranty claims for items received at our Staunton, Virginia headquarters on or before December 31, 2018.
    Before returning any item for warranty service, please call 540-337-5426 to speak with a customer service representative and obtain a Return Authorization Number. Items received after December 31, 2018 will be refused.
    As we wind down our operations, please check our website, social media pages, future emails and with your local dealer for special offers and announcements.
    Thank you,
    Tom Woodworth

2. jacol84

jacol84 Active Member

Sad. Tougher to be in this business than most of us realize, I suppose. Guess they got caught in the trap between the $1500+ latest and greatest folks, and the under $500 imports.

Oppie likes this.
  3. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

Just like everything else ,we don,t seem to make anything here. we just import the parts from overseas an assemble some here . same goes for tractors as I read ,not 1 under 100hp made here ,just some assembled here including JD :confused: can,t we make anything here anymore:( thanks to all that sold our country out :mad:

Patriot and Oppie like this.
  4. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

Thin your absolutely correct. What a shame.
    My wife loves her Parker Thunderhawk. We can still get strings and cables for it locally but if there's a limb problem shes done.

5. robertyb

robertyb Member

They have a few good deals on their website now. Did not look at limbs though. You still can order a new set before they close the doors. But.. Sam's Club online has the sniper for under $200 shipped today so it is about cheaper to order a new crossbow.

6. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

Parker made some fine compound & crossbows over the years and had great customer service. I talked to the service rep a few yrs ago when my wifes first xbow ( Pink Challenger poop:) had a limb splinter, they replaced the whole front end of the bow ready to bolt on the rail. When it happened again we returned it and got her a Thunderhawk. That one is a sweet compound xbow, quiet & easy to handle with the pistol grip stock. Hers has the lighted Red hot scope, made by Hawk.

7. Patriot

Patriot Member

Sad to hear, they made decent xbows.

Oppie likes this.
  8. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

Yes they did. Just got a email from Parker Bows, everything is 30% off on their online store now, some good prices on scopes an arrows.

https://www.parkerbows.com/shop/