Paper tuned my Elite energy 35

Discussion in 'Compound, Recurve & Long Bows - Vertical Archery' started by Masboy, Mar 29, 2016.

1. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

I dropped the poundage an changed arrows from 30 inch 385 gr.GT 340 to 32 inch 485 gr. carbon express 250 . I had to change the tips that were 125 gr. on the 250 that weighed 510 gr. to 100 gr. tips an now 485gr. now both fletched ,bare shafts shooting bullet holes as I circled them an before terrible tears . so windy today I set my paper tuner up in my garage . walked out an shot these three arrows at 20 yds. after tuning an put it away. I plan on hunting with these heavy arrows an whisper quiet ,dead in the hand.
    E72CF6C5-23B7-442C-9EB4-D97B85620F02_zpsbiq1erq7.jpg
    CE2A39FF-9674-4924-85AF-C35315101AC1_zpsgvmnnaul.jpg

jacol84 likes this.
  2. Brubaker

Brubaker Member

Looks good! I need to tune the wifes bow. I don't know much about v bows, should be interesting.

3. B&R

B&R Member

what did you drop the weaght to

4. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

Around 54lb. Like it was setup for when I got it. it max out around 62lb. an I had turned it up to max:confused: shot great just more than my shoulders like an a real pleasure to shoot turned down once again.

Got 3 high poundage crossbows hanging on the wall an no pleasure to shoot any of them a lot so now shooting verticals,recurve for fun. never was very smart but still have my stock ibex front end ready to put on any of these bows if I wasn,t so lazy :p

Last edited: Mar 29, 2016
  5. B&R

B&R Member

i drop mine to 50# that is enough to kill any thing around here but it is 80 percent let off dosent seem to hurt my shoulder

6. jacol84

jacol84 Active Member

I miss those days. Over 10 months since my shoulder replacement, and I'm not sure if it will ever happen again.:(

7. B&R

B&R Member

it beem 7 years since tore my shoulder apart was told nothing they could do for it alot of excise no replacment for me been working my shoulder up slowly a few pounds at a time will probly drop to 45# when season starts i have killed deer with a 45# recurve out to 30 yards should be enough with a compound

Last edited: Mar 30, 2016
  8. jacol84

jacol84 Active Member

My "ball" was a jagged mess and the "socket" or pad was wearing off center, plus a bunch of bone chips. I kinda think the tendons and ligaments in the rotator cuff have arthritis in them too, it was not limited to what was removed. That said, I work it as hard as I can, 3 days a week, and I'm making progress when I don't make it sore from doing work (like grinding a big stump at my son's house). My progress makes a snail look like The Flash though. At least it doesn't wake me up 10-12 times a night anymore.;) Oh, I can also cock my crossbows with no problems, so I'm set even if I can never draw a vertical bow again.

Sorry to hijack your thread, Frank. That Elite sounds like a bow I would have liked.

9. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

I had a bad experience an pulled something in my shoulder shooting my vertical an never felt such pain for a month day an night. it never stopped hurting no matter what painkillers,muscle relaxers I took but finally got better. I was scared to shoot my vertical again!!!! hope you get all better Jeff! never worry about any of my threads :p

Last edited: Mar 29, 2016
  10. B&R

B&R Member

sorry did not mean to run on just helps me to know i am not the only one who lost the best feeling i ever had i use to feel like my recurve was part of my arm an extion of my body its like losing that arm cant explane any better thanks for listening

11. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

Don,t be sorry we all have our troubles . I have had to deal with my right eye being my master eye all my life an I,m a left hand bow shooter :confused::p

12. B&R

B&R Member

one of my sons is like that