One thing leads to another.

Discussion in 'General Crossbow Discussion' started by jacol84, Jun 4, 2019.

1. jacol84

jacol84 Active Member

A4C86D7D-4544-411B-A013-F3E5F5136BA7.jpeg 1A8AAD11-17A3-46A7-87BB-3091E0145C55.jpeg

So, I’ve been getting by with a hernia for probably at least 10 yrs now, but it’s time to get it fixed. Didn’t get to it soon enough, so surgery’s not until late July.:( Doc said no lifting over 20# for 4 weeks.:rolleyes: Don’t want to have it redone, so I may actually listen this time.o_O So...I decided to get a C2. Had a few bows together last week, including a heavy hitter with longer rail and Matrix limbs. Sunday, out of the blue, the wife says “Do you have a bow I could shoot?” I have shot 3D with a husband/wife that we know (they both hunt), so I guess the wife thought she wants to try that. Took the heavy hitter apart and made a light draw bow (about 190# draw) that she can use with the crank. Not sure how long I’ll listen to the Doc, but I wanted to have a hunting power bow that I could crank just in case. My old Babu stock was set up for a crankeroo, so I did some mods to make the C2 work. Made it a 2 piece stock as well, and put that stock on my 355 SS. Don’t know what else might be coming. For now, I’m leaving the Patriot 380 and Little Franky as is. Both bows shot well this morning, but I forgot my phone at home.:oops:

2. bbahunter

bbahunter Active Member

Jeff, that is great that Susan wants to shoot with you.
    And nothing wrong with having a crank around just in case you need it. ;)
    2 nice looking bows right there.

xcaliber, Stalker and jacol84 like this.
  3. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

Hope you get fixed up Jeff,I,m sure we,ll all be using cranks sometime ,so you won,t be alone:p fine looking rigs!

xcaliber, Stalker and jacol84 like this.
  4. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

I had to break down and get the crank, I'm glad i did!:cool:

Oppie, jacol84, Stalker and 1 other person like this.
  5. Stalker

Stalker Member

Hope your all healed up and ready to go by fall Jeff. Smart to have a back up plan just in case.

My wife will occasionally take a couple of shots with me. I always cock the bow for her. 3D would be another story.

bbahunter and jacol84 like this.
  6. jacol84

jacol84 Active Member

Yep. Not at all sure if this will last for any length of time, and I don't think she will ever hunt. That slow (285) bow was really laying them in there yesterday, so she has something good to work with.:)

Oppie, xcaliber and Stalker like this.
  7. Stalker

Stalker Member

Yeah mine wont hunt. Which means more deer for me:D She'll help me drag or load if need be:D 285 is plenty fast. Thats about the speed my old Hortons throw 20",2219's. Deadly accurate!:D

xcaliber and jacol84 like this.
  8. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

Good deal Jeff, my darling likes to hunt & shoot and we've had a lot of fun and memorable times while hunting. This last rifle deer season was the first year ever we both got a deer on the same day :).

9. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

I take my hat off to you guys ,wanting to spend all that extra time with your wife,s :oops::rolleyes:

xcaliber and Oppie like this.
  10. jacol84

jacol84 Active Member

Frank, that was Bruce.;) I didn't say I wanted to, the wife just asked about shooting, so I set something up she can use. I know my wife. It won't be all that extra time. I am happy for Bruce that things are the way they are for him and Mrs. Judy. I would estimate we are about 1/2 way between the Kinsers and the Sheets in the togetherness thing, although this is my wife's first official day of retirement, so...;)

bbahunter, Oppie and Jack Pine like this.
  11. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

Lol! mine just reached retirement age ,but still working (thank God) I get enough of trying to be told what to do all the time at home :confused: I ask her if she would like to go along at times an get the eye roll.:oops:don,t take much to start trouble for me:p

xcaliber, jacol84 and Oppie like this.
  12. Jack Pine

Jack Pine Active Member

Ah yes, retirement.... and all that "togetherness" that goes with it
    Took a while to adjust. Glad I got lots of stuff to do outside. All I'm saying on the subject LOL.

bbahunter, Stalker, xcaliber and 2 others like this.
  13. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

Congrats, Let the good times begin!
    Now you can get all that "together time" you missed out on in your working life. My darling thinks we should work on projects "together" an go places "together" :eek:. I'm looking for a part time job for her and even found her one but she's declined so far :oops:.

14. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

Happy Wife / Happy Life! :p:eek::D

Oppie likes this.
  15. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

Be all right if they were ever happy :confused::p

Jack Pine and xcaliber like this.