New Ten Point?

Discussion in 'TenPoint Crossbows' started by jacol84, Dec 26, 2017.

1. jacol84

jacol84 Active Member

STAG_Hard_Case_Feature_1.jpg
    Saw this on Crossbow Talk. Played with the image a bit. I know this board tends toward Excals, but I thought it was interesting.

xcaliber, Stalker and MI_Bowhunter like this.
  2. bbahunter

bbahunter Active Member

I saw that Jeff, and No.1 said it looked like force multiplier, i thought the same when i saw it. lol
    Looks alot like a ravin too, but has a full rail which is nice.

jacol84 likes this.
  3. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

Very intersecting.

xcaliber likes this.
  4. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

Fine looking bow to me! I seen a ravin today at a local gun shop an a fine looking bow also but many$$$$! for that price I,ll buy 2 lead throwers an shoot my old slow recurves:p

Last edited: Dec 26, 2017
    xcaliber and MI_Bowhunter like this.
  5. jacol84

jacol84 Active Member

Yep. I'm certain the new Ten Point will not be in my budget either.;)

xcaliber and Oppie like this.
  6. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

Me either but they are sure nice to look at :).

7. TX_RDXguy

TX_RDXguy Member

Yesterday I stopped by the Fort Worth Convention Center to get a few minutes of time from the TenPoint folks to get an in person preview of the Nitro X.

The annual NBS show is held here in Texas at the FW CC and TenPoint is one of many companies that attend.

[​IMG]

I was not familiar at all with the NBS organization so here's a description from their web site:

Nation’s Best Sports (NBS) is a nationwide sporting goods buying group. Established in 1956, NBS is comprised of over 350 independent retail members representing over 1,200 store fronts across the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico. NBS offers independent retailers a diverse portfolio of buying opportunities in all categories of outdoor sports and general sporting goods. You are invited along a journey through six decades of our company history. Follow the timeline to see the advancements NBS has made over the years.

And of course you would expect to see a gigantic Lone Star made of hundreds of cowboy hats hanging in the Lobby.

[​IMG]

This is a NBS member show not open to the public buy Randy Wood found time to meet me in the lobby and spent a few minutes discussing the new products. Another example of great Customer Service!

[​IMG]

Nitro X, Stealth NXT and the new Center Punch and Pro Elite arrows.

I didn't get a great deal of time with any of the new xbows, nor cock or shoot them, but I did handle them and shoulder them both several times. Keep in mind that I have two of the Horton RDX xbows and find the value of size to very important in how I hunt which draws me to the Notro.

I'll say the most notable element of either xbow was how compact the Nitro is. One of the forum reviewers commented on the Nitro feeling like a little tank. I believe you will notice that solid feel too but the balance is excellent and it shoulder's like no other xbow at it's length.

The Stealth is super narrow, has the trademark TenPoint stalk design along with the new cam and cable system which is key to their speed capability. Although it's not much lighter than the Nitro, the length makes it feel lighter. Again, another well balanced new design xbow that I know will build a huge following.

You can see below the length and width differences of the two. Pull the Nitro's bow hook and add the traditional foot stirrup, which I plan to do and that adds about 2-3" to the Nitro if you leave the stirrup at full length.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The ACUdraw 50 looks to be improved and the integrated handle is pretty slick. I suspect it will take getting familiar with but I think current ACUdraw 5o users will appreciate the change.

The ACUdraw Pro is slightly smaller and seems at home in the Nitro's stock.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Arrows LOOK very nice but time will tell on how they perform and how durable they are. I do like the carbon pattern on the CP arrow but also would change the vane colors if I could choose.

[​IMG]

I left the meeting even more excited and now have to find someway to get my hands on them to shoot.

I've seen a little of the future! ;)

jacol84 and bbahunter like this.
  8. Cactus

Cactus Member

The new ten points are well be low the ravin's price, in fact the Nitro sells for app. the same as the Horton Storm. I would have preferred one of these over the storm.

9. Cactus

Cactus Member

I was wrong the Nitro is close to $2000.00 well over 600 more than my Horton Storm . The new NXT’s are well below the Ravins in price . Both are a little too much for me as the Storm will do the job quite well.