New prop!

Discussion in 'General Chatter & Off Topic' started by xcaliber, Jul 13, 2019 at 11:12 AM.

1. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

Got a bit too close to the beech the other day and got in some rocks. Dinged my stainless prop up pretty good, but made it back to the launch OK. I did not have a spare, and searched the net for a while that evening. Walmart partners with other suppliers, and had Solas stainless props discounted over a hundred bucks. I ordered one, paid expedited shipping which was not too bad, and it's ready to rock again! Just an FYI for anyone looking to get a new prop or a replacement. I have a Volvo Penta SX drive on the Regal.

[​IMG]

jacol84 likes this.
  2. Jack Pine

Jack Pine Active Member

Are you able to get the old one repaired to use it as a backup? I think I might remember a long-ago conversation where someone told me they had theirs fixed at a machine shop or somewhere.

3. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

That,s some fine looking steel! most boaters around here can,t walk on water ,but they think they can drive there boat on any water they see:p

Last edited: Jul 13, 2019 at 1:37 PM
    xcaliber likes this.
  4. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

Yes Sir. I have a local Marina that sends them out on Thursdays, and there is a one week turn around. The guy actually picks them up & drops them off there. The Marina is very trustworthy, I have been going there since 1992. The woman that runs the counter has been there for over 40 years, family owned, and operated. :)

jacol84, bbahunter and Jack Pine like this.
  5. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

Hitting the water here in about an hour. Daughter is getting married next Saturday so everyone is out finishing up last details, then we're gone! I'll let you know how the prop does guys!

jacol84, bbahunter and Jack Pine like this.
  6. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

Looking forward too it! good stainless steel props with more cup in the blade tips get a better bite in the water an all around increased performance .

7. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

The boat ran great, prop worked great too. Just 4 of us with one cooler, and 61 gallons of gas, 54 MPH at 5600 RPM. Very happy.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2019 at 10:08 PM
  8. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

Sounds great! that kind of speed will get the wife's full attention I bet :eek::p

xcaliber likes this.
  9. jacol84

jacol84 Active Member

Congrats all around, Dan. Great stuff. Hope your health continues to improve as well.

xcaliber likes this.