Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by kip, Mar 2, 2019.

1. kip

kip New Member

Hey ya'll, My name is Kip and I have decided to join the fold after reading on your forum for a little while. I'm relatively new to crossbows with only one deer season under my belt so far, but due to a lot of learning from people like you all it was a successful season with two bucks taken. I belong to a few crossbow forums and some of you may already know me. I am disabled and retired and own a 140 acre farm in a good deer hunting area. The crossbow has allowed me to continue the passion I had for archery hunting for many many years. I developed a rare nerve disease in 2005 that ended up taking the strength in the arms and legs so now I hunt off the ground sitting on a stool with my leafy suit on, this has proved very effective . I have always made my own arrows and strings etc. and was super impressed with one thread I read here where some of you were explaining your techniques for making Flemish strings. I just had to join. Kip

xcaliber, 8ptbuk, Oppie and 1 other person like this.
  2. kip

kip New Member

Is there a way I can remove my last name from my screen name? I wasn't paying enough attention when I signed up I guess.

3. Karoobow

Karoobow New Member

Welcome Kip! Not sure about the removal of your last name as I am relatively new here too, hope the alder guys can help, if all else fails send an email to the admin of the forum. Have a great day

Sent from my SM-J530F using Tapatalk

4. Munch007

Munch007 Member

Hiya kip welcome. Yessir the wealth of knowledge here seems to be more than just "booksmarts".
    The fellas here have been most generous and helpful with their input on topics.
    It's nice to be in a place where you can just get a straight answer without the drama of the keyboard warrior types.
    Good to hear that you are still enjoying the great outdoors! Happy Shootin! ;)

5. Munch007

Munch007 Member

Oh yeah ... last name, I'm not sure what can be done either, like Karoo I'm a newbie as well. I will let the administration field that. ... Lol, you can always just say that's not your last name
    ... im sure most here would just leave it at that ;)

6. kip

kip New Member

thank you all for the warm welcome!

Karoobow and Oppie like this.
  7. jacol84

jacol84 Active Member

Hi Kip. Welcome.

8. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

Welcome to the group, there's some pretty smart people that are more than willing to help with any questions you may have.

9. 8ptbuk

8ptbuk Active Member

Welcome !!! Get bunch of guys here for sure!

10. robertyb

robertyb Member

Welcome to the forum Kip. As far as removing your last name a moderator can do it. At the bottom of your post asking is the word Report. Hit that and ask that the name be removed so it will be brought to their attention.

11. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

Welcome to the club Kip, glad you stopped in.

12. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

And there's the answer to your first question :).

13. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

Welcome ! I forgot to press the post button awhile back I guess as it didn,t post . mabye this one will take :p

14. kip

kip New Member

thank you all so much!

15. bbahunter

bbahunter Active Member

welcome

16. Munch007

Munch007 Member

Nice! Hiya kip, I see you got that edit accomplished ;)