Mini shad spoons

Discussion in 'General Chatter & Off Topic' started by Masboy, May 7, 2019.

1. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

I wanted to make some smaller spoons for shad an other fish ,lots of times they prefer a small bait.i want a small spoon with the same flutter action on the fall as my other spoons. can,t buy what I want so I make my own,hammered these two from one nickel coin.i will put smaller hooks on them but have none now .going to make some gold ones also by applying some heat an dipping in oil.trout will love these I,m sure.

Last edited: May 12, 2019
    xcaliber and jacol84 like this.
  2. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

Very cool spoons, Can't beat the price! If only shad could get this far north, I'd be a happy guy :D. If only I could fish the Susky, I'd be even happier :).

3. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

Same here ,I wish the dam wasn,t at coniwingo . all the fish could come up an I could go down to the Chesapeake bay by boat. then we would get rid of all the mud an have a rock bottom free flowing river instead of a sediment pond .

4. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

The river didn't look to bad up this morning, a little color but much better.

5. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

Hope it clears as I know it,s been rising an now showing coming down some. I would like to go down to port deposit 20 minutes from here,for some susky shad fishing . ready to go soon as It clears up if anyone wants to go do some shad fishing with me. just got to put up with my dumb a-- :p