Mini shad spoons

Discussion in 'General Chatter & Off Topic' started by Masboy, May 7, 2019.

1. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

I wanted to make some smaller spoons for shad an other fish ,lots of times they prefer a small bait.i want a small spoon with the same flutter action on the fall as my other spoons. can,t buy what I want so I make my own,hammered these two from one nickel coin.i will put smaller hooks on them but have none now .going to make some gold ones also by applying some heat an dipping in oil.trout will love these I,m sure.

Last edited: May 12, 2019
    xcaliber and jacol84 like this.
  2. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

Very cool spoons, Can't beat the price! If only shad could get this far north, I'd be a happy guy :D. If only I could fish the Susky, I'd be even happier :).

3. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

Same here ,I wish the dam wasn,t at coniwingo . all the fish could come up an I could go down to the Chesapeake bay by boat. then we would get rid of all the mud an have a rock bottom free flowing river instead of a sediment pond .

4. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

The river didn't look to bad up this morning, a little color but much better.

5. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

Hope it clears as I know it,s been rising an now showing coming down some. I would like to go down to port deposit 20 minutes from here,for some susky shad fishing . ready to go soon as It clears up if anyone wants to go do some shad fishing with me. just got to put up with my dumb a-- :p

6. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

Huh, wonder how many times I've said the same thing to my self this spring :rolleyes:.....
    Last week we had a nice layer of maple tree spinner seed pods an Pollen on the river :cool:.

7. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

You guys keep sending that old dirty water down stream :confused:another one of them years forsure. guess I may have to be a creek fisherman ,beat the copperheads off with a stick,wear my stove pipe legun protectors,carry some big heat for big cats, squatch protection along the river hill streams :confused::p much easier to fish the river by boat.:p

Last edited: May 27, 2019
    Oppie likes this.
  8. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

No problem, we'll whip up some more brown foamy water for ya asap :p:p:p.
    It was running fast enough last week I was having trouble getting my jigs down 20 ft or I was snagging every rock I got near, not much in between dead:, bet I lost a dozen jigs and a spoon or two.

9. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

Sooooo, more brown water on the way, we got a inch or more of rain in 20 minutes or so, some baseball size hail and a couple tornado's just because mother nature hates us now :(.

10. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

Nasty here last evening also,I give up on the river as it,s calling for more bad weather this evening,heading down to shoot some carp an catch some Brookies later.

I went down an the waters real low in the creek as they have the river dropped down .the rivers dirty an the creeks a little dirty also. tried a few minutes for trout up the creek ,but so humid my glasses steamed up along the creek in the valley. no luck with anything ,just waiting for these storms to arrive :confused:

Last edited: May 29, 2019
    Oppie likes this.
  11. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

We got slammed again today with thunder storms, might try a local pond this evening just for kicks.

12. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

I,m hard up :confused: don,t know what to do if I,m not shooting,fishing,rigging something to do with them. o_O some enjoy yard work,mowing ,but I,m not one of themo_O I enjoy when the wife leaves for work :p

Oppie likes this.
  13. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

I enjoy all the above, most anything as long as I'm outside :), I don't do well indoors :p. According to the local weather wizard, we've had measurable rainfall on 19 of the past 29 days for a May total of 5.85".

14. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

We just had a wicked storm roll thru with 70 mph winds they said. I see no trees down here ,just a few limbs in the yard. waters just running down the road. I hooked my boat to my truck so it didn,t blow away easy :p looks like I,ll be shooting instead of fishing .i do have a hankering for a single action ruger revolver to play with.i have all my others patterned,reloaded for,sighted in dead on.

Oppie likes this.
  15. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

We got a lot of wind and rain with no damage. I went to a county park pond this evening and played with the pan fish. Even that 40 acre pond was muddy with lots of small streams running into it that should be dry by now.
    One of my sons friends was here Sunday and we burned up some handgun ammo but they didn't want to try my 357, what's the matter with this kids :p. They liked my little H&R 9 shot .22 though ;), called it a "Cowboy" pistol.

16. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

Lol! I don,t care for shooting a 357 with full power loads either:eek: would rather shoot my heavy 460 any day,I don;t shoot light ,heavy recoiling handguns good at all, put some 38s in it an I would love it:p lots don,t realize how powerful a 357 is ,it,s a mean machine with full power loads on both ends:eek::p

Oppie likes this.
  17. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

Yepper, .357 has a bit of recoil & bark. They weren't to interested in my 1911 either, to heavy to hold. Kids these days :p , all they want is a black plastic handguns in 9mm or 40 cal.

18. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

Yepper! them magnums you got to hold on tight,just like a wild woman :p

Oppie likes this.
  19. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

For sure and revolvers are a different beast anyway but I like em anyway.

20. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

I love revolvers ,not real thrilled with autos but like the high capacity light ones for carry guns forsure. after carrying the plastic glocks ,my stainless 45 auto don,t get any riding time on my side,just boat rides,hidden garage time:pold short sxs took it,s place in my sock drawer:oops: I,m looking for a good 357 now for my main squeeze ,for a hard to beat all around gun. got to have one :rolleyes::p

xcaliber and Oppie like this.