looking for a good crossbow target..

Discussion in 'Crossbow Hunting - Everything Else' started by bowhunterx75, Aug 22, 2014.

1. bowhunterx75

bowhunterx75 New Member

I have a carbon express sls . its shooting around 350 fps and the target I have will not stop the bolts when I shoot. anyone know of a good target for the speed I am shooting?? cant really sight the bow in because I don't know where I am hitting.. thanks and happy killing.

2. 8ptbuk

8ptbuk Active Member

I'm using a Cabelas block target for my matrix 380 . Going on third year , highly recommend !

3. Rebel Cock

Rebel Cock New Member

For FP's I really like the Third Hand bags... about thirty bucks... just fill them with your old clothes.

OldschoolBH likes this.
  4. OldschoolBH

OldschoolBH Member

If you want something cheap the hurricane bag targets work. RC's suggestion for the Thrid hand bags is spot on for a long lasting bag target. Probably be the last bag you have to buy.
    8pt's block is great because you can use it for broadheads too if I'm not mistaken.
    Two super block targets I've read that are awesome for both Field pts and BH is the Cube Hybrid by American Whitetail and Bigshot targets Transformer. Both have replaceable cores and arrow pull is actually very easy.
    VS the high end molded targets that are really popular and durable but arrow pull is a you know what PIA.
    From the research I've done these two makers are probably the best block style you can buy for what they cost.

5. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

If you plan to shoot broadheads for sighting them in, Rinehart 18-1 is top choice for me. For a good bag, although i have not tried it yet, I hear the Third Hand self stuffed ones are hard to beat!

OldschoolBH likes this.
  6. OldschoolBH

OldschoolBH Member

Third Hand Bag aka Abrams tank of the bag targets!

7. amythntr

amythntr Guest

Reinhart 18 in 1...Third hand bag is good but heavy...