Loaded And Ready

Discussion in 'General Chatter & Off Topic' started by Stalker, May 27, 2019.

1. Stalker

Stalker Member

Everything is loaded and ready to go for our camping trip.

Ive gone over everything on the camper and vehicles with a fine tooth comb and all of my fishing tackle, Changed the gear oil on the boat motor, hit all the grease fittings on it. greased the bearings on the boat trailer etc etc...

Check in at the campground isn't until 3 today. Hopefully they will let us in a little early. I'm tired of waiting! Record heat in GA the past few days. Highs in the mid to upper 90's. Hopefully I'll still manage to catch a few. 20190526_203838.jpg

xcaliber and jacol84 like this.
  2. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

Good luck! like said a oz of prevention is worth a pound of cure :p just keep that heat down there as we have no need for it.

xcaliber, Stalker and jacol84 like this.
  3. bbahunter

bbahunter Active Member

Looks good, and good luck with the fishing.

Stalker likes this.
  4. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

Best of luck :), don't forget the pics!

Stalker likes this.
  5. jacol84

jacol84 Active Member

Good luck Paul. Hope you have a great time.

Stalker likes this.
  6. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

Have fun and be careful! :cool:

Stalker likes this.
  7. Stalker

Stalker Member

Thanks guys! So far so good. Got to check in a little early. Got everything set up. Waited for all the yahoos to get off the water. Then headed out just before sunset. The wife read her book while I fished. Got a few bites and lost one. Managed to get one in the cooler though just legal size 15 incher. I'll be out at dawn:D Here's the view from my front door :D 20190527_194604.jpg
    Beautiful sunsets and fishing are hard to beat 20190527_210903.jpg 20190527_213656.jpg

Oppie and jacol84 like this.
  8. Stalker

Stalker Member

Well in the end not too bad considering the July like heat! Fish finder had the water temp at 84 degrees. Water was fairly stained from the weekend and is usually pretty clear.

The fish seemed to be keying on rock points leading to deep water. There are lots of blown down trees to fish which they usually like but they seamed to be keying on rock instead. A Zoom Magnum Finesse worm Texas rigged in watermelon seed color seemed to get the most bites as usual. [​IMG]
    I guess I caught about 12 or so Spots that were not keepers. 10-14 inches. Caught 6 keepers. All spots. All on the worm. They will be great eating and are great fighters. I had one break my line. The drag was set right. But the line was a little week from the split shot moving on the Texas rigged worm close to the hook. I knew it was a nice one! It starting pulling drag fast and then snap!:( [​IMG]

Didn't see any deer this trip. I did see a couple of young red foxes one morning digging in the sand around a dock. Pictures didn't turn out of them. Got fairly close to a Blue Heron sitting on a blow down over the water before he took off. [​IMG] [​IMG]

This was my few in the mornings [​IMG]

The 3 night trip was way too short! Cant wait to do it again!

xcaliber and jacol84 like this.
  9. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

Sounds like a good trip,our waters still high dirty so at least you got to fish .

Stalker likes this.