Little snow

Discussion in 'General Chatter & Off Topic' started by Masboy, Jan 13, 2019.

1. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

We got about 3 inches on the ground with some flurries now. weather people were acting like this is the storm of the century around here an all they talk about on tv. They sure get excited over alittle snow here :eek::p all I did was scrape my driveway in a few minutes . real pretty out as everything looks clean,white .

2. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

We got Nothing :p and I like it :D . My local weather wizard is mumbling about a bad snow storm this coming weekend and he's usually pretty close. Hope not, he's talking 12-18" :oops: o_O

xcaliber likes this.
  3. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

I hear another storm is coming :oops: the weather people will all be walking around with woodies :oops::p

jacol84, xcaliber and Oppie like this.
  4. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

This map is showing up to 18" in my area :eek: :rolleyes: No thanks.

Inkedweather_LI.jpg

snow weather.jpg

5. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

Better fix that tire on your toy an get it ready ,your neighbors are depending on you :oops: only thing here the forcast changes everyday ,so never know as were most times on that line between rain,snow.

Oppie likes this.
  6. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

I'ma not scared :). Beats the rain & mud we've had for the last 6 month.

jacol84 likes this.
  7. jacol84

jacol84 Active Member

Bruce, your map makes it look like 12 for us. Thought getting the snow blower all gassed up and running kept us from anything important last weekend. Looks like it's not a fool proof method.;)

Oppie likes this.
  8. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

I'll Give ya credit for trying :).

jacol84 likes this.
  9. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

The local weather guys are getting all excited trying to decide where the snow /freezing rain line change over will be. the are predicting 10-20" around here, that pretty well covers it I guess.

10. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

I can send you a couple snow shovels if need be :eek::p

xcaliber and Oppie like this.
  11. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

Thanks but My wife has a couple already, one for each hand :p :):):).

xcaliber likes this.
  12. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

I caught hell the other day for for not cleaning the walk off :confused: I told her my bucket on my tractor might damage it :rolleyes: she gave me the snooty look,eye roll an walked away :mad::p

Oppie and xcaliber like this.
  13. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

There ya go! My snow shovel has wheels :D, lots of wheels :p. Snow plow on the front and cinder blocks in the back, I'm not scared of a little snow :):):).

14. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

Me either ,my ballast box will be here tomorrow an I will fill it with something .don,t sound good for you guys up north,but it,s going to turn to rain later on for us they say for now:rolleyes:if we get snow my old tractor will come out of that garage like a bull out of a rodeo gate:p

Oppie likes this.
  15. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

I'm hoping we stay above that freezing rain line and just get the snow.

16. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

I don,t mind snow as long as the grounds froze before it comes an covers it.

Oppie likes this.
  17. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

My favorite, " The Occasionally Sarcastic Sullivan County Pennsylvania Weather Service" is predicting somewhere between 2 & 32 inches, maybe some freezing rain & sleet, maybe not :D.

jacol84 likes this.
  18. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

Might even be sunny!:p
    I swear the weather reports from 45 years ago were more accurate than they are now!:eek:

Oppie likes this.
  19. jacol84

jacol84 Active Member

I had a few meteorology courses at PSU in the '70s. It reallly is way more complex than most people realize, but...I think the weather on the "news" is much like the "news" itself. I think they know that when they are talking about a big approaching storm, they have everyone's attention, much like all the bad news, murders, disasters, etc. One summer, I had a retired Air Force pilot that was a phenominal teacher and meteorologist. As part of each lesson, he forecast the weather until the next class. One time, he was off by 4-5 hours!:eek:

Bruce, from what I've seen (as if it really matters:rolleyes:), you should be OK up there. Here (maybe Frank as well) are supposed to get a crapload of sleet/freezing rain. One forecast we get shows all the "models" and looking at them, it's probably not much different than your sarcastic Sullivan County forecast.;)

xcaliber and Oppie like this.
  20. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

There off on the snow thing lots because things seem to change a lot I guess ?. I got to say they are spot on most times for wind. I look at the intellicast radar ,wind prediction for the day before going out on the old susky fishing . I,m amazed how close they get for the time,speed of the wind. haven,t got real wet in the last few years or capsized yet by going by there forcast :p where,s that old Maine speaking weather man ?:p

xcaliber likes this.