I'll get him next time!

Discussion in 'General Chatter & Off Topic' started by xcaliber, Jan 20, 2019.

1. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

Went out shooting last Monday with one of my oldest & best buddies. He has become the handgun dude in the last ten years or so. Anyway, I have not shot my Walther PPQ or PPS in a while, and quickly realized how bad I was against Jeff. Not to mention that all of his handguns have upgraded sights installed on them, mostly Trijicon, but two have TruGlo which I thought were brighter. Anyway, I was not particularly sold on any of them, and after hours of research decided to go with these! XS Standard Dot with Tritium front & back. With these you just "Dot the I" which makes quick shooting in low light nearly fool proof. I'm hoping to go back next Monday afternoon, and at least compete!:cool:

[​IMG]

bbahunter and jacol84 like this.
  2. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

I love that !

xcaliber likes this.
  3. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

That's sure pretty :).

xcaliber likes this.
  4. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

Here is a night shot of these. I like these! :cool: Hard to take the picture & hold still, sorry for the wobbler!

[​IMG]

5. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

Cool!

xcaliber likes this.
  6. 8ptbuk

8ptbuk Active Member

Dan, Have a Set of XS Big Dot on my Glock 27 and really like them. Plenty accurate at self defense ranges. Really pops out at you in low light also !

xcaliber likes this.
  7. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

Thanks Mike, I have not gone shooting with these yet, next Monday I'm taking my bud out for dinner & beers after the range. I do like these a lot, we'll see how I do!:cool:

Oppie likes this.
  8. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

Well boys, I went out to get another 1911 but brought home a Beretta PX 4 Storm in 9 MM. What a sweet gun! :cool:

9. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

Pictures please !

10. 8ptbuk

8ptbuk Active Member

Congratulations Dan, Nice gun for sure! I can't stop thinking about a Sig P365 I seen the other day. Hope I can resist!!! Don't need it at all!

xcaliber likes this.
  11. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

bbahunter and Oppie like this.
  12. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

Very nice.

xcaliber likes this.
  13. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

Thanks Bruce, she is a double stack 17 round capacity in the clip, safety / decocker, my new carry gun for sure!

Oppie likes this.
  14. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

Be strong Mike! :cool:

15. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

Nice piece!

xcaliber likes this.
  16. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

Hope you held it in your hand. Some feel good, some not so much with Sig. I find the grips short on some models, and I don't have big hands. I have shot several though, and never had one perform badly. Quality throughout in my opinion, but I keep looking at other brands.:confused: My buddy is a big fan, and several of his I have shot without regrets. He does customize though long before I see them.;)

17. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

Frank, this was the last gun on my list. Once I held it, cycled it, and looked it over I liked it. After shooting it, WOW. For a 9MM the recoil is hardly noticeable, and follow up shots are aligned quickly. This is a great carry gun!

18. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

Took the Beretta out, and tried some various ammo. I went to 147 grain Sig Sauer Elite Performance V-Crown for home & carry defense rounds, and like it a lot! Small dot left shoulder after getting used to aiming points with these sights & ammo. I just painted the sights today with "Glow On" paint, easy & great results. Just hit them with a light source for a minute & WOW! Love this handgun!:cool:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

Good shooting! I like them sights! beretta always made quailty guns from what I,ve seen.

20. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

Good shooting :). Got to get my toys out and shoot soon.