HOWDY from The Alamo City of Texas,

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by satx78247, Jun 14, 2019.

1. satx78247

satx78247 New Member

New Friends,

I found this forum by accident while looking for something else & am GLAD that I did.

I'm in the process of "window shopping" for an EXCALIBUR XB & have been offered an EXOCET 200 out of a local man's estate sale "for cheap" & that looks like new. - So I'm looking for information on the Exocet 200 & hopefully from someone who owns & hunts with their Exocet.
    (I currently own & hunt with an old-school YUKON XL by Horton & want a faster/simpler system.)

I'm told that the PO bought the XB new in about 2006, seldom even fired an arrow from the bow, became a semi-invalid from Congestive Heart Failure shortly thereafter & passed away in 2017.

yours, tex

2. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

I had a Vortex which is the same bow with a thumb hole stock. It's a bit wide, but not too bad in a treestand. It;s fast / accurate / and an all day shooter. I like them 200# bows a lot! Here is a deer from my stand that I shot at 30 yards with my Vortex.
    [​IMG]

3. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

Pardon my bad manners,
    Welcome Aboard!
    Lot of good folks here that will help you figure stuff out.

Dan

4. satx78247

satx78247 New Member

xcaliber,

THANKS for the kind welcome. I wish you GOOD HUNTING.

Check your mail, PLEASE.

yours, tex

Last edited: Jun 14, 2019
  5. Jack Pine

Jack Pine Active Member

Sat x, welcome friend! That Exo would be a great choice. Bombproof!

6. jacol84

jacol84 Active Member

Welcome Tex. Never had an Exocet but did have similar bows. All easy to shoot and they get the job done. Good luck.:)

7. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

Welome! one of my favorite bows for hunting ,target shooting .

8. robertyb

robertyb Member

I also have an Excal Votrex (same bow with thumb hole stock) and they are great bows. They used to be know as the 4X4s of the crossbow world and are super accurate shooting most arrows and are very easy to maintain with just a stringing aid.
    Welcome to the forum. :)

9. satx78247

satx78247 New Member

Jack Pine; jacol84; Masboy; robertyb,

THANKS Gents.

yours, tex

10. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

Welcome to the group from the hills of Ne PA :).
    I had a Exocet 200, Vortex 200 & phoenix 175 lb , They are all on the same riser & limbs with different draw length's basically. They all sweet shooters and are very reliable. Some of us have spare limbs & strings stashed away just because :D.

11. 8ptbuk

8ptbuk Active Member

Welcome aboard! I have a Exocet 200 I use as a backup to my 380, I enjoy shooting my Exocet much more than my 380. May be the best Excalibur ever built!

12. satx78247

satx78247 New Member

Oppie; 8ptbuck,

THANKS Gents.

I went to pay for & pick-up the Exocet 200 & upon arrival was told that one of the family's adult children wants to keep the XB & it's therefore no longer for sale.
    So much for "a deal is a deal" & the executor's failure to even give me a quick phone call to say that he was backing-out of the deal that we made by phone..
    (I wasted considerable time for nothing on this "deal".)

yours, tex

Oppie likes this.
  13. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

Sorry that "Deal" didn't happen, been there done that :(.
    Check out Craigs list, I see Excal's listed on there quite often at decent prices. Most Excals are bomb proof so don't be afraid of a used one.

satx78247 and xcaliber like this.
  14. satx78247

satx78247 New Member

Oppie,

I'm just "aggravated" that the supposed seller wasn't even polite enough to call/text to say that the XB was no longer for sale, rather than wasting my nearly 2 hours of driving across the county in rush hour.

yours, tex

xcaliber and Oppie like this.
  15. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

Understood, I was stood up on a "deal" last week also, it happens :( but that doesn't mean it's ok. A simple phone call or text goes a long ways ;).

xcaliber likes this.
  16. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

That does suck:mad:the Boys an I are always buying an selling something,people tell you they will buy it an be there the next day with the money an you never see them,hear from them again. seems like a mans word means nothing anymore:(

Oppie likes this.
  17. satx78247

satx78247 New Member

Masboy; Oppie,

TRUE FACT. = It seems that every day that passes that the general level of HONESTY in American society sinks more.

yours, tex

Oppie likes this.
  18. robertyb

robertyb Member

I sent you a PM Satx.

19. satx78247

satx78247 New Member

robertyb,

THANKS, tex