Have you seen this?

Discussion in 'General Chatter & Off Topic' started by xcaliber, Jan 12, 2019.

1. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

I'm not running out to get one, but I sure do like that Ford has brought the Ranger back into the USA. There is a video on YouTube doing a head to head off road comparison to the Tacoma, and the Ford did pretty well. The price is up there for the Lariat edition FX4 quad cab, but it has a towing capacity of 7,000 lbs. with a 2.3 turbo charged 4 cyl. That coupled to the proven 10 speed automatic transmission gets this truck over 20 mpg in the city! My Taco gets 14 city no matter how hard the wind blows!:eek: Anyway, I'm probably going to get a full size truck for my next one in a few years, God willing & the creek don't rise!:cool:

Stalker and jacol84 like this.
  2. jacol84

jacol84 Active Member

They are certainly coming out with some good stuff. A little surprised the turbo 4s are holding up long term. Guess tech has come a long way since the days when a turbo 4 had a very short shelf life.

bbahunter and xcaliber like this.
  3. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

Sounds good,but looks like this poor old boy will be driving used junk the rest of my life :confused: I look at the bright side of things thow ,very little washing an no waxing for my ride:p

bbahunter, jacol84 and xcaliber like this.
  4. jacol84

jacol84 Active Member

Yep. We got the AWD Mountaineer from friends for what WAS a good price. Then needed engine work, and we got the engine replaced with a lifetime replacement warranty. This engine goes bad, we get another one with similar mileage for $150.:D I’ll be driving that baby until the wheels fall off.;)

bbahunter and xcaliber like this.
  5. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

Sounds like a great deal!

I ride around in my old Chevy ,just as happy as if I had good sense o_O:p

6. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

Yepper, my Frontier gets 18 going down hill :confused:. But I don't drive it much either.
    I helped a buddy do a OVTune ecu/tcu brian flash in his 2016 Taco, pretty cool how they do it. It run and shifts so much better now. :D

xcaliber likes this.
  7. robertyb

robertyb Member

My 2018 Honda Ridgeline AWD gets 18 in town and around 22/23 on hwy and runs like a scalded cat when needed.

xcaliber and jacol84 like this.
  8. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

I looked at the Ridgeline pretty hard before the new model design, but decided on the Tacoma due to availability. I got my Taco in August 2015 and there were no real good used Ridgelines in our area. We probably looked at 12 of them, and we had 3 dealerships looking for any leftover new inventory, none to be found. I have not looked at the new design yet, glad to hear you like yours.

Oppie likes this.