Good arrows

Discussion in 'Crossbow Bolts & Broadheads' started by Masboy, Apr 8, 2019.

1. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

I was gave 17 31 inch wolverine carbon express arrows 60-70lb. I read there 11gpi ,never had this stiff of vertical arrows. going to cut them down too 21 inch an slug them or get brass inserts for them to get the weight of at aleast 500gr an prefer 575 gr for my power bow.these should make the perfect arrow for everything. I love the small dia heavy vertical arrows in crossbows.just better all around as I see it

Last edited: Apr 10, 2019
    Munch007 likes this.
  2. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

I'd shoot them!

xcaliber likes this.
  3. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

I read there 342 spine at 28 inches so should be great around 20 inchs. my heritage arrows shot good in other high power bows an there 400 spine at 28 inches.

4. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

That 11gpi is going to be a stiff arrow for sure.
    I like my arrows around 450grs depending on what game I'm chasing.

5. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

I got them all done an squared up,ended up at 21-3/4 inch shafts. I made one test arrow up an it weights 500 gr. With aluminum inserts in both ends,125 tip ,bare shaft ready to shoot. I installed a Excalibur limb hold down bolt with the head removed behind the tip for weight an a snug fit .alittle more foc than I like ,but have no small arrows to slug with.i would much rather slug a arrow than add all the weight in the front when making heavy arrows .

Last edited: Apr 8, 2019
    Munch007 likes this.
  6. bbahunter

bbahunter Active Member

Frank, i have some easton acc 3-71 arrows that i have been playing around with for my suppressor. They shoot pretty nice. They are not near as heavy as those, and they are not slugged. ;):D

7. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

Sounds good,these excaliburs shoot anything you put in them from my experience . just a personal thing as what you like an shoot.i like heavy arrows in power bows because it slows them down an that,s the best way to tame the beast an cut down on vibration .turns a tiger into a puddy cat with big teeth,claws :p

bbahunter likes this.
  8. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

I tryed them and it liked the 596 gr slugged 20 inch gt 11 much better . deadly accurate at 50yds,16 inches low with a 30 yd sight in,that,s about the same as our old long limb Equinox would do with a 400gr arrow. they hit with a thump ,really stable in flight as you can hardly see them an I like that.

Oppie and bbahunter like this.
  9. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

What ya hunting with those logs :p.

I've got some 400 gr 2219's to try out this week for gobblers.

bbahunter likes this.
  10. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

So far I been hunting for them in the grass after they go thru my wore out bag target:p I will save them for my close range shots . then after awhile if my notch cut limbs hold up I will go down to some 400g vertical arrows .

Oppie likes this.
  11. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

I'll let you know how my 2219's fly, I just want a fast flat shooting arrow out to about 35 yrds or so. Gobblers don't need a lot of power to knock em down, just a nice accurate hit with a Rage head. At least that's what the big boys told me :p.

12. robertyb

robertyb Member

I got this bird with my Excal Matrix 330 shooting about 315 fps with a 2" cut Rage Hypodermic. It flat did the job.
    [​IMG]

Munch007 likes this.
  13. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

Nice! looks like it did it,s job,would be hard to get a clear shot with a bow where I hunt.

14. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

Nice gobbler Robert, season opens here this Sat. with one bird per license, can purchase one extra tag for another $25.