Getting ready

Discussion in 'Crossbow Hunting - Deer' started by Masboy, Oct 8, 2017.

1. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

Son picked me up an went an got my PA hunting license , got archery,federal stamp,migratory bird so ready I guess . went to pay an he already took care of it an would no take my money :oops: dang boy !

He wants me to hunt with him in PA as he already got a MD buck with his old longbow . he seen a nice one the other day where we are going to hunt as he has had latter stands setup there for sometime. the boys have got some of there largest bucks off this farm over the years.

Got the old noxtrix sighted in with my 512 EOTech with my zombies at 30yds .going to try my 1 inch cut single bevel ramcats out ,as I lean more toward accuracy than cutting width but like having both if I can . good to go I guess an just waiting for a cool down.

jacol84 and bbahunter like this.
  2. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

Awesome, good luck Frank!

bbahunter likes this.
  3. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

All this heat ,humidity just don,t feel like hunting weather to me,humid with rain today . got 4 arrows stuffed in my rail an 5 broadheads in alittle plastic bullet box ready to be screwed on for action. going to remove these little ramcat blades an give them a polished sharp edge on my paper wheels. son coming over this evening as we are going hunting:oops:

Delta-Stan and jacol84 like this.
  4. 8ptbuk

8ptbuk Member

Good luck Frank ! I've not even been yet do to the heat/humidity ! Never seen it like this in October. We did receive 3.5" of rain though .

jacol84 likes this.
  5. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

Glad to hear your getting out. This weather sucks for hunting but I still like it. The deer are waiting until almost dark to come out to feed up, have only seen two bucks sparing so far, we need a har frost to motivate them and kill of the bugs.

jacol84 likes this.
  6. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

I havn,t been out yet either , went fishing yesterday instead an roasted till the sun went down. water temp where I go out was 81 degrees but only 70 degrees up in the moving fast water around the islands. I don,t want to go there without my son an kill one of the nice bucks he been seeing there as he put in all the scouting,work with stands . he told me to go there an I told him I,m not shooting no big buck without you there to drag it out :p

jacol84 likes this.
  7. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

All ready an good to 70yds if need be as I was shooting today an this old noxtrix is one fine accurate hunting bow. havn,t been out yet an was suppose to go with my son this evening as he got off night shift this morning an he,s off work today. no such luck as my son got my daughter a job at Alcoa an she,s working this weekend . so the wife,s evening shift weekend to work this weekend also so I get to watch the mother inlaw :mad:

8. jacol84

jacol84 Active Member

No good deed goes unpunished. Daughter gets a job, you have to "babysit." We had to actually babysit for our 4 month old grandson, after a whole day of working the spuds. He fell asleep 2 hours late :rolleyes: , but he fell asleep when I was holding him and he wouldn't settle for the wife.:) I think I had more fun that you, Frank.;)

9. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

I know I had more fun :confused: I was watching 89 year old mother inlaw ,sons 7 year old daughter,sons 6 month old daughter :confused: an being referee between the 89 an 7 year old all evening :confused::p while he was hunting o_O

10. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

That's one Awesome Bow in your hands :D. Need pics!

11. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

My picture days are over as all my kids have there phones an say they don,t know how to help me o_O oh well like said I think everyone has seen enough of my pictures o_O:p

Oppie likes this.
  12. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

The boys had good success in the 3 day MD early muzzle loader season . the 2 that hunted it both got bucks as I still havn,t got out an don,t care with the warm temps. halloween on is my time to get down to business an my sons off for 2 weeks the end of this month so I will hunt with him them.

jacol84 and Oppie like this.
  13. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

Same here, and my wife just went back to work, what will I do with myself :rolleyes:

jacol84 likes this.