First turkey hunt

Discussion in 'General Chatter & Off Topic' started by Masboy, May 7, 2019.

1. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

Sons taking his daughter on her first turkey hunt in the morning,she's excited. she,s using my old benelli m1 that my son has now . I told her she should take the old vixtrix crossbow out that she got her first deer with for her hunt an she agreed an said I will.son an I smiled an said maybe you better take the shotgun for your first.she,s been with her dad hunting when she was small ,watched him shoot deer with a bow an tryed to help him drag them out.son has the turkeys number far as where there roosting at so he will set with her as she,s 8 years old an call for her. she's already making pretty good turkey sounds using just her mouth like my son an I do. I,m the only one that makes gobbles thow.:p

2. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

Getting her to go is great, I really hope she scores Frank!

jacol84 likes this.
  3. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

Love it! Hope she at least gets to see a gobbler and gets excited.

xcaliber likes this.
  4. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

I miss hunting with my kids, we sure had some great times and they learned a lot about the outdoors. I've hunted most of the neighbor's kids and now they're bringing their kids around, Damm I'm gitin old :p.

Yea, Take a kid Hunting, or fishing!

xcaliber and jacol84 like this.
  5. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

She had some excitement ,son said he had a gobbler coming in an 40yds away. she was asleep sitting between his legs an he woke her up but found she could not rest the gun on anything to get a shot. he said they watched it walk away as she was shaking,he left the shooting stick in the truck as they forgot it.he said she had been practicing using the shooting stick all evening .told him she wants to go again in the morning before school like today. I will give her a hard time for sleeping on the job when she gets home this evening :p

jacol84, xcaliber and Oppie like this.
  6. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

Good deal! The stories she can tell when she gets to school, Best day ever!

7. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

I can here the story when she gets older about here first deer,shot with a homemade parts bow her pap built called a vixtrix ,that only shot 375fps :p

Oppie and xcaliber like this.
  8. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

I got the excuse why she fell asleep on her dads lap,said because she got up at 4.30 :rolleyes::p said she couldn't get the gun up because daddy told her not to move,he forgot the shooting stick :rolleyes: she will make a hunter as she already has plenty of excuses when questioned,an blames things on others :p

Oppie likes this.
  9. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

There ya go! Excuses, lies and half truth's are how I hunt :cool:.

10. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

Lol! Don,t know who she get,s that from :rolleyes: you forgot ,hold your fish,game way out in front of you when taking trophy pictures:oops::cool:

Oppie likes this.