excal assassin

Discussion in 'Excalibur Crossbows' started by bbahunter, Mar 22, 2018.

1. bbahunter

bbahunter Active Member

Went to my local shop today and Bob( my local dealer ) had an assassin hanging. I picked it up and instantly said to Bob, this thing is a tank!
    It is built like a tank, but heavy like a tank. Iam not oppossed to heavier bows, but for the size of the bow it is heavy, the crank system adds weight for sure.
    It is well balanced though. Fit and finish is very good. Just so used to reasonable mass weight coming from excalibur. The price of 1500, is way out of line for this bow IMO.:rolleyes:

2. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

I have yet to handle one, but sounds like we're going the wrong way for aging folks!:eek:

Patriot likes this.
  3. bbahunter

bbahunter Active Member

The only good thing on that bow for "aging folks" is the built in crank. ;):D

4. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

Yeah, but if it's too heavy to lug out in the woods, WTF? :eek::D

bbahunter likes this.
  5. bbahunter

bbahunter Active Member

Honestly, i think it is heavier than a kodabow scout.

xcaliber likes this.
  6. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

Man I hope Joe doesn't read that!:p:eek:

7. bbahunter

bbahunter Active Member

Oh, iam sure he will. lmao :eek:

xcaliber likes this.
  8. jacol84

jacol84 Active Member

I was surprised how much Vent on C/N liked the Assassin. The crank is interesting, but (to me), the moving trigger box is not. Guess it has a good trigger. Since it's heavier and slower than my top 2 (that I can still rope cock), it doesn't really interest me too much. A Micro 355 and a crank makes more sense so you can hunt without the extra weight.

bbahunter likes this.
  9. bbahunter

bbahunter Active Member

Exactly Jeff, micro 355 with crank is a better option IMO also. ;)

jacol84 likes this.
  10. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

I like mine!:cool:

jacol84 likes this.
  11. bbahunter

bbahunter Active Member

Rubbing it in i see. lol :p:D;)

jacol84 and xcaliber like this.
  12. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

I'm liking the 380 a lot, just want two good sets of limbs since i bought one. I'm sure that will get worked out. I do think the Micro 355 is the best one i own currently, but the first generation Micro 335's were probably their best offering, and I wish I would have kept mine. For the output VS. size, the 355 Micro is a sweet one!

jacol84 and bbahunter like this.
  13. bbahunter

bbahunter Active Member

Sometimes i wished i had kept my gen.1 micro also. I could always buy another micro, but right now i don't need another crossbow. I just bought another vertical bow, so iam set there.
    We are expecting my state to finally allow crossbows this year, should know by july.

14. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

And....... what did we get? :D

15. bbahunter

bbahunter Active Member

Elite impulse 31

xcaliber likes this.
  16. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

Very Nice!

bbahunter likes this.
  17. jacol84

jacol84 Active Member

Feels good having nice ones that you can count on. I sometimes forget how good my 355 SS is. Then imagine a 380 minus a bit of length and minus 1.5 #, and a sniper trigger which is like an auto safety Trigger Tech that was given to me by a great friend that I've yet to meet. Makes "upgrading" pretty tough. :D

I do enjoy you sharing your buying adventures with the forum, Dan. You have a very cool "stable" there.:D

xcaliber and bbahunter like this.
  18. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

Thanks! I'm going to have to trim the heard to two someday, maybe after I'm gone!:eek:dead::cool:

jacol84 likes this.
  19. carch4

carch4 New Member

I like my Micro Suppressor 355 just order the new crank Ext very sweet and it can stay on when shooting completely out of the way it’s on back order

024f801be47150a0de4d05ce2bce78de.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. bbahunter

bbahunter Active Member

That ext crank is supposed to be sweet when they put them on the market.

xcaliber and jacol84 like this.