Do you call that hunting

Discussion in 'General Chatter & Off Topic' started by Masboy, Apr 20, 2019.

1. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

I just watched Excalibur hunting show called back woods . they were in Africa around a big metal tank with other big bowls sitting on the ground. all kinds of animals gathered around to drink as they just picked the ones they wanted to shoot:confused: they call that hunting o_O I call it pay to kill,not hunting as far as i,m conserned.

Stalker and Munch007 like this.
  2. bbahunter

bbahunter Active Member

Frank, Imo they hunt with high success rates in mind. It is a different way to hunt, but is it any different than hunting bear over bait, or deer over bait? But if it is legal, then go for it i guess?
    I personally i agree with you, i would not want to hunt like that.;)

3. jacol84

jacol84 Active Member

Can't say I care much for Dan Wallace on that show, but I don't know what a company should really choose for someone to represent their product. Anyone I'd like would probably be too low key for most these days. Most shows on TV are difficult to appreciate with the constant sales pitches and hunting places that most of us couldn't really afford to hunt. I agree that shooting out of a building built next to a water hole is not a great look. I would agree with Brian that if they can't show kills, the show isn't going to last very long. It isn't really that much different that guys shooting antelope or elk next to a water hole from a ground blind. Some guys who are greatly celebrated on other forums kill giant bucks every year, while they have exclusive rights to very productive farms, and work all year to develop food plots and everything else they need to make the kill. I'm just happy to get out and do a little scouting, then get in the woods for some mental health. If I can take a deer or two, it's gravy.

4. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

I agree with Brian, not the way I hunt. But I guess it's not much different than me setting by a apple tree I know deer are going to visit.

bbahunter and xcaliber like this.
  5. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

At least you don,t have to go all the way to Africa , or have your apple tree surrounded by bears,elk,turkeys,deer with you sitting there picking out what you want to shoot :p

bbahunter and xcaliber like this.
  6. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

I get it, but don't like it. Areas that get to bait should get a very high success rate all the time. We have deer that live here in the vicinity of people all year long, and they will come out to eat within minutes of baiting / feeding / whatever you wish to call it sometimes while people are right there. Now I supposed if we "whacked" a few they would be more timid, IDK, I never got to feed & hunt the same place ever!
    My point are:
    If it's legal, you're not the only one doing it!
    If it works to feed those that need it, and those that hunt it to eat it, I'm 100% on board, but if you are doing it to get paid, and have no REAL regard for the prey, other than the head gear, shame to be had!

Oppie and bbahunter like this.
  7. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

Well said Dan! they were sitting there real casual an the guy asked the guide sitting beside him ,which one do I shoot as the 4 wildebeest were standing there side by side ,like cows in a barnyard at the water trough :oops: hard decision :confused::rolleyes: made a great 20yd broadside shot with the new Excalibur crossbow:rolleyes:

Oppie likes this.
  8. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

Frank, getting a shot like that also eludes me! My shots are always in some thick crap at some odd ass distance where I can make out an antler, or a hind leg it seems.:rolleyes:

Oppie likes this.
  9. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

I guess were just jealous to see things go so smoothhhhhhhhh an easy to get trophy animals :p

xcaliber likes this.
  10. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

My kind of hunting :).

xcaliber likes this.
  11. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

If it wasn,t for close shots,don,t think I would ever kill anything hunting :p

xcaliber likes this.