Crossbones is Back

Discussion in 'Crossbow Accuracy - Sights & Optics' started by xcaliber, Apr 24, 2018.

1. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

Got my Crossbones back today, they repaired it perfectly! Now I have to decide which bow to put it on. I have none of my crossbows set yet since swapping things around so now is the time to decide. I could keep the Bushnell as a backup to either Matrix, so maybe the 330 is the best choice, IDK???

bbahunter and jacol84 like this.
  2. jacol84

jacol84 Active Member

I'd assume the Crossbones is a much better version of the Redfield Revenge. I like that scope a lot, but I prefer it on something with more moderate speed. When I had it on my bbamag, it had to be set on 5.3 power for the aiming points to line up. That was more magnification than I wanted for hunting, but others may disagree.

bbahunter likes this.
  3. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

Decided to try it on the matrix 380. I always set my scope to the lowest setting when hunting with the intention of zooming if needed. I also practice this adjustment on the range to make sure it repeats consistently. That is one of the main reasons the Nikon Bolt is one of my favorite crossbow scopes. I have tried the zoom thing many times with the Bushnell, and it is always spot on. I might put that back on before the deer season rolls around, we'll see.

bbahunter likes this.
  4. bbahunter

bbahunter Active Member

Dan, i was going to suggest trying the crossbones on the 380. Maybe try the nikon on the micro 355?

xcaliber likes this.
  5. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

Thats where I wound up, and the XLT is topping the 330.

bbahunter likes this.