Critters love my shop

Discussion in 'General Chatter & Off Topic' started by Masboy, Feb 16, 2014.

1. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

Was out in the shop molding some jig heads today an kept hearing this tapping noise up in the loft . i climb up to check it out an see this big woodpecker pecking at the screen covering the window . I open the big door to the outside an grab my long handle crab net an he flys up in the little vent house in the center of the roof out of reach so I figure if I leave the door open he will fly out.

An hour or so later I,m back in the shop an here more noise in the loft so up I go an find him in one of my commercial crab traps an can,t get out so I open the lid an he comes out an lands on the rafters so I get the net out an he flys out the door finally an don,t know how long he,s been up there an must have came in sometime when the garage door was open an went in my shop an up thru the loft latter hole. then when I come out of the shop later starting out my garage door we meet an he was coming in an turned in midair an flew away.

He,s a determined critter just like our ferret that I let out to play in the snow an he runs for my shop an likes getting in everything while I work:)

2. Munch007

Munch007 Member

Cool, I've not had any problems with the birds around here, but coons, skunks, squirrels and even had a 'possum pop in for a while and use the shop as a condo.

3. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

I get homeless ditch cats a lot, people like to "drop" them off. I had a few flying squirrels a couple yrs ago but they moved on.

xcaliber and Munch007 like this.
  4. Munch007

Munch007 Member

This Year the squirrels are using the shop as "home". Last week I was going through the breezeway and was accosted by a very excited and chattering squirrel. I surmised that it was mother's cursing to stay away.
    Yesterday I went into the shop and heard the little "mews" coming from the insulation in the rafters ...
    More Tennant's ... I'm gonna have to up the rent :)

xcaliber likes this.
  5. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

You have to train them like Frank does!;):p

bbahunter and Munch007 like this.
  6. Munch007

Munch007 Member

Lol, I think I'll start by offering by offering a bag of peanuts ;)

xcaliber likes this.
  7. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

Not completely trained yet as he keeps biting the wife :confused:. I tell her that,s how he plays :rolleyes: she said he,s alittle ruff then as he draws blood:oops: I tell her it must be her soft beautiful skin :rolleyes: I get the eye roll then :confused:,she theatens him with bodily harm :eek::p

Last edited: Mar 16, 2019
  8. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

Do have him trained to chase cats,clean up the end table. he takes all the napkins,paper towels,Kleenex he can find an crumbles them up in his mouth,paws ,then puts them in his little house.our doggies cancer has come back an she gets operated on again in about a week. squirrel boy seems to know she's sick an never harasses her . squirrel boy will be setting on my knee in the mornings an Harley will come over for me to pet her an they will touch noses . neither will blink a eye or pay any attention to the other. squirrel boy harrasses ever other critter in our home but never has Harley . strange how animals seem to know things.
    image.png image.png

Last edited: Mar 20, 2019 at 7:15 PM
    xcaliber and Munch007 like this.
  9. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

Sorry to hear about your doggie, they are our best friends. I can't move with out my little dog anymore.

xcaliber likes this.
  10. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

Sorry to hear Harley is sick like that Frank. Hope the surgery goes well.