Carp shooting this morning

Discussion in 'Compound, Recurve & Long Bows - Vertical Archery' started by Masboy, Jun 5, 2016.

1. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

Best time ever as I was wacking carp out to 25 yds. with my setup an deadly accurate. I was on today an wacked about everything I shot at an shocked me as that,s not normal for me :p shot a couple monsters but using my montec broadhead that has a back cut everyone came off trying to get them to shore or lift up over the high bridge. my regular fish points don,t fit these slugged aluminum arrows .

arrows doing great with no damage an fly great.just got to figure out how to make a barb to put behind these montec heads till I find some screw in carp points. could not take any pictures as I was too busy trying to get these big boys in as they like too run under the bridge rubbing my monkey wire on the cement fraying it.best time I had in a longtime an more to come.

2. B&R

B&R Member

i got some of these off e bay cheep for shooting a small game i bet they would work very good p.jpg

3. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

I,ll get some big boy pictures next time as I fixed up some old points .i had all kinds of fieldpoints but none with a snug fit so I ground down some for a snug fit .after cleaning good an coated with JB weld i tapped them in the fish points then getting them to spin like tops with a tight fit. just got to wait 24hr till they setup an will be ready to drag some big boys in :p
    6CF9C087-F0A6-4282-A863-3959CF28F842_zpsqxx2cagh.jpg

Last edited: Jun 5, 2016
    huntersdream likes this.
  4. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

This is my best rig yet as I put my bowfishing rig on my Elite energy 35 set on 54 lb with a whisker biscuit an regular carp arrows. arrows fly great from this rig with plenty of power for some big cats an long range kills on carp. now I just got figure out how to keep them from running under the bridge after I shoot them an fraying my line. I need a instant kill shot if possible ? something that puts a big thump on them an stuns them?
    F257559A-288A-4DE1-AEB9-14DF2FC69C11_zpsihfb9srp.jpg

Joe likes this.
  5. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

Sounds like fun!

6. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

I went out as the wind died down to check my poi at 33feet shooting at the red dot .shooting with the string attached just like I shoot carp an chewed out a hole 1 inch above the red dot . deadly accurate an ready for some carp
    10365BE4-9C42-4A2F-BB60-B4839913E8C2_zps3plvcq1e.jpg

Joe likes this.
  7. Delta-Stan

Delta-Stan Member

Hi Frank....

Didn't you want to use that vertical, old style recurve bow for bowfishing ?

be safe

Stan

Joe likes this.
  8. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

I have two recurves I had rigged an shooting carp with Stan . I,m not the best recurve shot an lacked consistence in my shooting an holding back the weight waiting for the shot. compound much more power,easy let off ,deadly accurate for me with a sight.

Delta-Stan likes this.
  9. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

Just garden for me as I eat nothing from the river.when I was a kid my dad gave the one,s he shot away that people ate.down at the coniwingo dam there,s Asian people fishing an collecting carp big time as I hear they eat them an sell them in NY for big money???? went down to shoot some carp this morning an no water :confused:
    6E7D6F78-07E6-483D-965A-A5D424E127A8_zps6kmdu5uu.jpg
    7149EBA2-61E2-4910-8BC0-51A9367D6903_zps7clc17xo.jpg

Last edited: Aug 15, 2016