Discussion in 'General Chatter & Off Topic' started by Jack Pine, May 14, 2017.
Man, ain't that the truth!!!
Both Medical & legal systems, the more $$$ you have, the better treatment you'll receive
We are getting up there my friends. My knees are popping and cracking all the time, sounds like I have that bubble wrap in my damn shoes.
What about " Obama Care " guys ?
I just had a appointment my Dr and his nurse for 25 minutes, just filling out insurance form and nothing more.
Gone, but nothing to fill the gap for middle income people like us. My wife falls into that gap buying her own medical insurance.
Shoulder is doing better. Arm is starting to swing when I walk now, and today I was able to put on a pull-over sweatshirt. Painful, but I got it done.
Good to read that your arm is getting better.
Health care and insurance, don't get me started..............
I know that most Americans think that we have a great system in Germany, don't be fooled, our system is deep in the s....t.
I was working shifts for almost 43 years and now I have to pay 250 Euros a month for my healthcare.
That money just covers 30% of the costs, the remaining 70% are paid by the government. If you add that to my 250 Euros, my insurance is almost 1000 Euros a month.
My brother, a left wing trouble maker living in Berlin, never ever worked in his entire life. He gets a free health care by the same government that he tried to fight for decades.......and if he goes to the Doc, he doesn't have to do any paperwork, he gets EVERYTHING for free.
A lady I know, 4 kids from 4 fathers, she never worked at all. Right now she is at the dentists, getting new teeth worth more than 15.000 Euros. My insurance would ask me to do tons of paperwork before I get new teeth.....if I get them at all.
Our illegal refugees, more than 1.2 millions in 2015, are getting everything for free, not to forget that many of them come here with infections, some of them have infections we never heard about.
As I said, don't get me started.
Stan, I can't "like" your post. More appropriate would be
Heh heh. Mrs. Pine is going downstate to stay with my Mom a few days. This will leave me without female snoopervision, and hard telling what I'll get into. Thinking about getting my C2 crank out and seeing if I can shoot a few arrows through Baby Huey. Been practicing shouldering and holding steady and I think I might be able to pull it off.
Thanks for rubbing that in Big Joe.
Jack Pine alone at home, let that sink in !!
Folks, who is living up North ? I think Cal needs at least a heavy cannonball - 150 lbs - on a SHORT chain tied to his ankle.
Someone has to go up North and stop this crazy man before he dislocates his second shoulder.............. but that might be a bad idea as well, at the end of the day there will be 2 happy men shooting their crossbows all day long and having fun on the range.
You CP-folks MUST BE CRAZY
Yah, but don't forget you're one of us Stan! Every married man already has a ball and chain anyway LOL.
Mrs. Pine helped me get our garden in yesterday, and it rained last night, so that was very timely. I have an area 100 X 100 feet fenced in with a 6' high fence. Poultry netting 2' high at the base keeps the rabbits out, but the coons climb in and usually destroy a lot of corn before I get them. I hope to put an electric wire around the top this year to keep them out. Last year, red squirrels ate up a lot of the garden.
I allow 13' on each side to be able to maneuver the tractor, so that leaves rows 74' long. We can a lot of the stuff but give most of it away. This year we have 12 rows of sweet corn, 2 1/2 rows of green beans, 1/2 row of chives, 4 rows of carrots, 1 row of pak choi, a row and a half of tomatoes, peppers, and red cabbage plants. The rest of the space is planted with watermelon, musk melon, butternut squash, and yellow summer squash. When I was done, I watered the plants, then got my spreader out and spread 24 pounds of Preen to keep the weeds from sprouting. It was a long, hard day! Next week I hope to get the irrigation all set up. Mrs. Pine will be gone most of next week, so maybe I'll get some shooting in, the shoulder is showing signs of improvement and better mobility just about every day, so I'm thinking I can use the crank to get some shooting in. Maybe......
Suffering through a long hard day of work while the wife is still there before having a week of being your own boss. There's considerable wisdom there.
Praying for you Cal, Take your time and get well buddy!
Thanks Kelly, long time no talk. Shoulder was 3 weeks ago and is coming along nicely except still have some muscle and nerve damage to go along with the pain.
Sorry Cal, My back/leg nerve damage is kicking my butt as well buddy. I'm still going to keep praying for you.
I'll pray for you as well Kelly. How's your Mom?
Separate names with a comma.