Can't shoot any more for a while.....

Discussion in 'General Chatter & Off Topic' started by Jack Pine, May 14, 2017.

1. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

Sounds like a solid plan buddy!

Jack Pine likes this.
  2. Ragumup

Ragumup Member

Sorry to hear that ,not sure how old some of you on here but hope you get a full recovery.

Jack Pine and Oppie like this.
  3. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

Can,t keep a good man down! Even when his Dr says stay down :p.
    Take care and let it heal right the first time.........

Joe, Jack Pine and xcaliber like this.
  4. Jack Pine

Jack Pine Active Member

Shouldered the dang wheelie crossbow today!! No way I could cock it [didn't try], and I couldn't hold it steady but glad to see some improvement. Might be able to cock one of the Micros with the C2 crank. Caught some turkeys eating some of my sprouted sunflowers yesterday and got me to thinking about shooting a trespasser; I'd have to shoot off sticks though. Some of the black, blue, purple, and yellow is gone but I still have plenty left. Had it out of the sling most of the day yesterday and ran out of the good pain pills I had, but been managing. If it ever stops raining, I'd like to get my garden in.

5. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

Just turned my garden over yesterday, getting close to a inch of rain today :confused:. Almost buried the green tractor mowing the lawn Wed :confused:.........

xcaliber, Joe, jacol84 and 1 other person like this.
  6. robertyb

robertyb Member

I was deer hunting with an Excal Vortex using the C2 crank a few weeks after having rotator cuff surgery. I am sure you can do it for a one shot hunt at least. I did have to get help to drag my deer out but could have handled a turkey I think. o_O ;)

Jack Pine, xcaliber and jacol84 like this.
  7. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

I've found all these rainy days offer us a chance to rest and heal up, right?
    Yesterday's rain and wind flattened a lot of the timothy grass in the fields around before the farmers could even cut it.

xcaliber and Jack Pine like this.
  8. bbahunter

bbahunter Active Member

JP, you will be ready to go by hunting season for sure if you don't get impatient and push it. Soundslike you are making good progress.

9. Jack Pine

Jack Pine Active Member

I tied my own shoes today!! Slowly getting some movement back.

bbahunter and jacol84 like this.
  10. Jackel

Jackel Member

Easy does it, it's pretty easy to accidentally go to catch something that falls and set yourself way back! Best to leave it in the sling for a little while longer and only take it out for controlled physio, just movement at first then slowly weights, get the movement back gradually..

Sent from my HTC_0PJA10 using Tapatalk

Jack Pine likes this.
  11. Jackel

Jackel Member

No more then a kilo or so to start but you ate probably still a week off that, your shoulder, too many pain pills is bad, pin tells you when to stop.. I only take them when I need to sleep or in agony trying to sit still..

Jack Pine likes this.
  12. Jackel

Jackel Member

Get some special cookies sleep like a baby and won't ruin your liver.

13. Jack Pine

Jack Pine Active Member

The pain is manageable without pills now, no special cookies needed. Mowed my patch of weeds Friday, first time this year. Been raining a lot and the stuff was a foot high!

bbahunter and jacol84 like this.
  14. jacol84

jacol84 Active Member

Hang in there, Cal. Your post about tying your shoe laces took me back 2 years to my shoulder replacement. I figured out how to do lots of stuff without really using any strength in that shoulder. Drove the wife nuts. Then, last November, she fell after stumbling over a drain area in a parking lot. Broke a piece of the ball off of her humeris. She finally finished PT this week. I had to do most everything for her for a while, including helping her shower, do her hair, etc. Gradually she learned how to do things with her left hand until the right shoulder came back. We both had to "sleep" in a recliner for a couple of months. Really took nothing but Tylenol after the first few days. Hoping you have a great and complete recovery.

Jack Pine and bbahunter like this.
  15. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

Ever try acupuncture? :) It's a very interesting form of pain management :).

Jack Pine likes this.
  16. Jack Pine

Jack Pine Active Member

I had chronic back problems several years back and the Dr. gave me some good pain meds, but one day I had a particularly bad problem, compounded by sciatica. I took 1 then 2, then 3 of those pills and it did absolutely nothing to quell the pain. At the time, my Dr. was in Cadillac, MI, about 30 miles from here. I called and told him what was going on, but didn't tell him how many of those pain pills I took, and he told me to get right in. I was home by myself and drove the 30 miles in excruciating pain. When I got there and told him the pain pills weren't working, he asked me how many I took, and he went pale when I told him 3. Then he asked if I would be willing to try acupuncture, and I told him I would try anything to relieve the pain I was having. So I pulled my pants down and got up on the table, and he stuck a BUNCH of needles in my lower back and buttocks, and then he set them on fire [the needles, not my cheeks]!!!! I looked back there and it looked like a forest fire on 2 hills LOL. It did relieve the pain some though, and then he said he was going to write me a scrip for some powerful pain meds, but said he would only give me 30 because they were highly addictive. Well, I couldn't wait to get the scrip filled, and when I did, it was a bunch of tiny pale yellow pills. Well I took 1 and in about 20 minutes, I loved everybody!!! Pain was gone and I was in the best state of mind I could imagine.
    Hey, no wonder people do drugs! Who the heck wouldn't want to feel like that; no wonder the dang things are addictive! No wonder people break into pharmacies to get them! They were oxycontin, and except for a shot of morphine I had once for an infected ear, were the best painkiller I ever had. Stretched those 30 pills out over quite a while and never had a problem getting off of them, but I can clearly see how someone might. That right there is the danger of narcotics; the desire to feel no pain and on top of the world. A very dangerous situation that leads to addiction and death for many.

Last edited: May 29, 2017
    jacol84 likes this.
  17. robertyb

robertyb Member

Ahhhh! Morphine..... The best drug I ever had. I ended up telling the Doctor to either quit giving me shots of it or give me a lifetime supply. He put me on a mild pain pill immediately. :)

Jack Pine likes this.
  18. Jack Pine

Jack Pine Active Member

Well, iv morphine sure killed all sensation of pain and put me in la-la land, but I started to get sick to my stomach every time I tried to sit up in bed after I got home and it started to wear off. Took several hours for that sensation to wear off and I didn't like that one bit! Didn't get that with the oxycontin pills.

19. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

True that friend ;). One local funeral home alone has handled 8 overdose funerals in the last year in this rural area. It's outta control.

I've tried many forms of pain management over the last fifteen years including a year of acupuncture, the only down side to acupuncture was the cost factor an a hour drive each way. The lady that treated me was very good and ended my hour visits with "cupping" where she use heated glass cups on my skin.
    Today my main thing is I keep moving and all things in moderation, my Dr is happy with my plan to keep moving cause if I stop, I'll seize up like a rusty tractor.

jacol84 and Jack Pine like this.
  20. jacol84

jacol84 Active Member

Was at a birthday party on Saturday. A friend who is closing in on 60 said something like "I'm hurting, and I didn't even do anything!" I said, yep, that's how it gets.;) My fall was nothing like Cal's, but my MCL aches pretty good every few days. I try to stay off the stuff (Dr. says I take too much Advil though), as I have a close family member that's in long-term recovery (about 8 years), and know how easily it can happen, if a person has the right (wrong) brain chemistry.

Jack Pine and Oppie like this.