Calm before the storm

Discussion in 'General Chatter & Off Topic' started by Masboy, Oct 26, 2018.

1. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

Finally got out on the river this morning an got to see a sunrise.been a longggggg time since I been out as it,s been high ,dirty all summer.beatiful morning ,water temp 50 degrees in most of the river an 60 degrees in the warm water discharge .trip from hell as far as things going good :confused: water very low from the launch in the creek to the river ,dragging bottom part way an glad I had my pitchfork on.

Boats in my way all morning ,no fish or even a bite in 5 hours of trolling an some casting. I didn,t even see or hear a duck or see anything alive other than carp jumping on the surface all over in the warm water, seen 1 dead deer laying on the waters edge. good old east wind picked up with some rain as I left .
    image.jpeg

Attached Files:

xcaliber likes this.
  2. jacol84

jacol84 Active Member

Nice to be out though, eh?

xcaliber likes this.
  3. Stalker

Stalker Member

Better than working! Looks fishy!

xcaliber likes this.
  4. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

Hope you enjoyed it, the Susky will be high & dirty again very soon, lots of water coming down stream soon, we're getting close to two inches of rain today.
    It's been high an dirty all summer up here, although it didn't look bad Wed. morning @ Owego Ny.

xcaliber likes this.
  5. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

What a summer with no water time on the old susky. I think the mother inlaw put a spell on me even before she went too the home. lots of bad ju ju been happening :confused: I think she has a voodoo doll of me an lots of pins ,from the sharp pains I,ve been having :eek:

Oppie likes this.
  6. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

Yepper, lots of brown water headed your way, the north branch of the susky was dirty brown water yesterday. We just can't get ahead of the rain this year. Water everywhere!

7. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

I never got on the river this year, I fished some local ponds an went to lake Ontario a couple of times but no river fishing.

8. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

Just one after another :confused: don,t look like I will be doing any bow hunting either. every thing I do hurts something:confused::p

9. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

I haven't been out yet myself but hope to this next two weeks. Saturday I watched deer all day from the back patio door. There were a couple small bucks came through and harassed the does an yearling's, deer were running in and out of the woods all day, today three does fed all day, they even stayed and watched me & Mrs Judy shoot arrows for a little bit. None running.
    Turkeys have been coming by a couple times a week, last ones were four big ole fat gobblers.
    Time for the pop up the blind :p:D to appear!

10. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

Sounds like you are in heaven with all that. My son wanted me to hunt with him but the pain out ways the hunt . good luck !

11. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

I do love it here :), cept this year it's a swamp. Mrs Judy hasn't ever taken a deer with her crossbow, think it's time she checked that off her list.

One of the flash floods we had this spring took out a creek crossing & driveway so I lost my access to a hundred acres or so of prime hunting with the 6x6 and no way to get a deer back out of there if did I walk in. That took the hunting motivation right outta me this fall.

12. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

That does suck:confused: I went out on the river today again an high but not real dirty . I trolled ,cast with not one bite again . strange again today, didn,t hear or see one duck ,critter . very unusual an not normal :confused:did get a better look at the dead deer on the shore I seen the other day, It looked like a tiny 6 maybe from what I could see.

I always see dead deer on this same stretch of shore line. only thing I can think of is hunters wound them an they head down hill to the water?had my stupid moment today an a new one:oops: had my motor tilted up,tiller handle tilted up an back to trailer home. got home pushed the lever to drop my motor down as I bent over to grab the lower unit so not to slam it down,my hand slipped as I grabbed the unit an it came down quick an the very end of the handle hit me dead center in my jaw bone :eek: though it broke my jaw but didn,t , I looked around to see if anyone seen this as always after a mishap:pthe thought of getting the big hammer crossed my mind :mad::p

Oppie likes this.
  13. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

Same here, last 3 or 4 days have been dead, haven't seen a deer of turkey from the house. Went fishing with a buddy yesterday for crappies in a big pond and neither one of us even got a hit. The water was really cloudy with a big stream pouring out of it. My pond is cloudy from runoff, I almost slid the John Deere in it today. I had to stop and go get the 6x6 and winch her outta the mud before we got in to deep to quick, good thing I was home alone :p .

"had my stupid moment today an a new one:oops: had my motor tilted up,tiller handle tilted up an back to trailer home. got home pushed the lever to drop my motor down as I bent over to grab the lower unit so not to slam it down,my hand slipped as I grabbed the unit an it came down quick an the very end of the handle hit me dead center in my jaw bone :eek: though it broke my jaw but didn,t , I looked around to see if anyone seen this as always after a mishap:pthe thought of getting the big hammer crossed my mind :mad::p"

Had my stupid moment last week. My daughter had surgery last week and while I was visiting with her in the recovery room, I passed out :eek: briefly :rolleyes:, and the nurses come outta nowhere tackled me and had their way with me for the next 24 hrs. Just needed a sandwich :D and a Gator-aide, but no, that's not how we do things!
    Never again :oops:.

14. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

Lol! Heck I don,t even have good dreams anymore:confused: :p

15. jacol84

jacol84 Active Member

Take care of yourself, Bruce. Don't need that.

Oppie likes this.
  16. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

Thanks Jeff. I have a problem with Low blood pressure and was dehydrated. They wanted to do all kinds of test but I fooled them and already had most of them done in February. They were even more surprised to find out I'm not taking any medications ;). So they kept me over night an did their best to make sure I didn't get any sleep :rolleyes:.
    Good times!

17. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

Gots to love them golden years o_O:rolleyes:

Oppie likes this.
  18. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

Take care of yourself Bruce, you can't help anyone if your not healthy!

jacol84 and Oppie like this.
  19. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

Thanks guys, I get a check-up every 6 months or so and my Dr loves me :D cause I'm low maintenance :). I've been with him fifteen years or more now.
    But I do need to drop a few pounds before I see him in Jan. To much good food this summer :D.

xcaliber likes this.