Caldwell shooting rest

Discussion in 'Crossbow Hunting - Everything Else' started by Andy, Apr 5, 2014.

1. Andy

Andy Publisher C/P Staff

Anyone try shooting off a caldwell shooting rest?
    I bought one last year it worked great sitting in a blind i would set it up put my crossbow on it and sit back and relax when a deer came by all you need to do is swing it towards the deer put the cross hairs on the deer and squeeze off the shot .
    They fold up to a small package easy to carry ..

$T2eC16N,%21%29sFIYigOBZEBSeSpk5KVg%7E%7E60_57.JPG

Patriot likes this.
  2. 8ptbuk

8ptbuk Active Member

Nice !

3. Patriot

Patriot Member

Andy I have one and it's very well made lightweight, compact and versatile.

7ultra likes this.
  4. jacol84

jacol84 Active Member

I think they work pretty well. Not quite as steady as a bench but good. Haven't tried to hunt with it much but I don't have a ground blind.

Joe likes this.
  5. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

I like mine.

6. Stalker

Stalker Member

I love mine.I dont use it that much for hunting,because I dont use a blind much.I manly use it for maintenance ,leveling new scopes and shooting through the chrono in doors.I got the camo version on sale Legend pro 2014-12-20 001.JPG

Joe likes this.
  7. 7ultra

7ultra Member

ANDY
    I have one and use it all the time when hunting out of my double bull blinds. They let you be ready for an accurate shot in seconds IMG_0458.JPG

Andy and Stalker like this.
  8. tpcollins

tpcollins Member

IMG_0280.JPG View attachment 3281 I've had one for awhile. and it's what my grandson uses to shoot his muzzleloader during the youth hunt or late season, and to hold his Recruit during archery season. Since it's lightweight, it's rather tippy so I installed an aluminum plug in the bottom that was taped 1/4"-20 and put a hook in it. When in the blind, I hang a couple 4# weights off it and it's much more solid.

9. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

I'm thinking about buying my wife one for her blind, she likes to read while waiting :p an that would keep her X bow ready even if shes snoozing :D

7ultra and Delta-Stan like this.
  10. Andy

Andy Publisher C/P Staff

they are great i use mine all the time the crossbow is always ready even when i take a nap lol..

7ultra and Oppie like this.
  11. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

Naps are a important part of my hunting day :D

Delta-Stan and 7ultra like this.
  12. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

Maybe my Mrs would like one for her anniversary in Oct, with a pretty ribbon on top!

Delta-Stan and 7ultra like this.
  13. 7ultra

7ultra Member

That would be a nice gift Oppie go for it. They even make a magnum version now.

Oppie likes this.
  14. tpcollins

tpcollins Member

Reading . . . or playing on an iPad. IMG_0620.JPG

Oppie likes this.
  15. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

Great picture!!

16. bunyip slayer

bunyip slayer Active Member

Have yous seen the red neck arrow rests produced by jack pine co?
    Three sticks tied together!

Oppie likes this.