Breakfast served

Discussion in 'General Chatter & Off Topic' started by Masboy, Jun 10, 2019.

1. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

these boys have there buffet breakfast every morning.the baby sleeps in my room under my covers most nights ,squirrel boys waiting outside my door every morning for me to come out an rides my shoulder down stairs .squirrel boy sleeps in a box on top the kitchen cabinets that he stuffed with moms paper towels,napkins ,he takes the napkins out of the holder, the towels he takes off the roll.as baby gets older we’re having squirrel fest as they chase each other all around .hide the nuts is the thing squirrel boy loves as we find them everywhere . mom delivers them to me with the old eye roll:p I tell her I never brought any of the animals we have in this house ,so blame someone else. I just take care of them:Dthey sure do keep visitors out as I meet them at the door an say ,I would invite you in but we have squirrels running around inside that bite .then I show them my arms with all the squirrel marks from there sharp claws an they freak out :eek:

Last edited: Jun 25, 2019
  2. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

I let squirrel boy go about a week ago back in the woods behind my home about 300 yds away. he kept crossing the road in front of my home as I let him outside for sometime to get use to being outside,i knew what would happen sooner or later if I didn,t get him away .so I screwed his box to a tree an hung a gallon jug of water from a branch back in the woods . I put nuts in th box an went back many times to see if I could see him but no sign of him,but the nuts were always gone as I brought more each visit.

yesterday I took nuts an his favorite drink coke to set on his deck. like always I called his name an a head poked out of the box . he would not jump on my hand I held out or drink any coke but did take a nut from me,he then sat on a branch 5 feet from me for awhile then ran up a big tree an set there looking down at me.a hard thing letting my boy go but know it,s where he will be at his best doing what squirrels do.

Little boys growing
    image.png image.png
    View attachment 11664
    image.png

Last edited: Jul 13, 2019
    Jack Pine and xcaliber like this.
  3. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

Squirrel boy came home about a week ago ,I was surprised to see him in our trees as he came right to me,jumped on my shoulder an came in for some nuts.now when I see him outside he comes to me as he knows I will take him in for some nuts,he goes to the door an takes them out an buries them.he made his home in our pear tree an made this one hole larger.looks like he been doing alittle fighting by the looks of him:p glad to see my boy home an he knows where the big woods is if he wants to go.
    image.png image.png

Last edited: Jul 23, 2019
    xcaliber likes this.
  4. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

Just like me, he likes them flapjacks well done!:D

5. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

Not me as I messed up:eek:looks like the wife,s cooking:p

xcaliber likes this.
  6. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

He's in trouble now:eek: wife was outside an seen him on the ground an held her arm out like I do an he jumped on an bit her bad,blood all over her arm:eek: said she was going to do bodily harm to my boy:eek: I told her you should know better as you know he,s a one person squirrel:D I got the evil eye roll :mad::p

7. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

He's definitely an outside squirrel now!:p:eek:

8. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

Your a mind reader Dan:p

xcaliber likes this.
  9. robertyb

robertyb Member

She will probably be serving you a bowl of squirrel stew soon. :eek:

xcaliber likes this.
  10. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

Not yet any stew :p forgive an forget as he was at the door today an she said let him in :oops: I let him in an he hung out inside for awhile. I got him some walnuts,hickory nuts from some big trees we cut today .both squirrels loved them an big squirrel had no trouble getting the goodies out. I will get them a good supply of acorns,beech nuts soon ,both white oak an red oak .here he is in our pear tree chowing down on a hickory but.
    image.png image.png

Jack Pine and xcaliber like this.