Bow tune

Discussion in 'Doing It Yourself - Crossbow Maintenance' started by Masboy, Feb 21, 2018.

1. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

I got my bow back in the groove after lots of trial,error . ended up taking the d bars off,another string ,putting two sleeves inside the rail that the riser bolts go thru ,adj front end , limb alignment adj,put original 4x Nikon back on ,new rubbers under hold down clamps,bipod back on after some work on it. took this thing out to my bench using the bipod an the stock on my shoulder an no bags.

Shot at 25yds with the wind blowing in my face out of the south . I shot my bare shaft arrow over an over as it was cutting the same hole every shot making small clover leafs. I knew then I had things right so shot my 3 best fletched arrows an all 3 spot on an would have hit my bare shaft group if I was aiming at that dot. I did so many things I don,t no what to blame it on but ok with me :p

2. jacol84

jacol84 Active Member

Sounds like you have it dialed in, Frank. What you've described is what I shoot for. Don't always get there, but give it a shot.;) I've found I have to be careful putting the riser on the rail, and make sure it's aligned the way it's supposed to be. I've also made the limb bolt hole a bit of a short slot, to be able to slide a weak limb in a little bit to stiffen it up and even out tiller. Recurves may be simple by design, but there are more than a few tricks you can use to get the most out of them.

bbahunter, Stalker and xcaliber like this.
  3. Stalker

Stalker Member

Dang complicated high maintenance stick bows!;):rolleyes::eek::D:D:D Glad you got it figured out Frank!

4. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

I was about to get my cure all hammer out :eek:then go over to the darkside :p God help me if I had wheels ,cables to deal with also :eek:

Stalker and xcaliber like this.
  5. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

Hammer is Bruce's, mine, and your favorite tool. Sometimes necessary, often used!:p:D

Stalker likes this.
  6. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

My oldest got me a new east wing hatchet ,that,s my new multi tool that I can smash ,chop with . I named it satisfaction :oops::p

jacol84 and Stalker like this.
  7. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

Love it button!:cool::D:p

jacol84 likes this.
  8. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

Last Word would be a good name for mine!

jacol84 likes this.
  9. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

Lol!

xcaliber likes this.
  10. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

I have found that to be the case with NAP Thunderheads. Almost always a bit to the right from any crossbow I shoot, I just tweak the scope the heads I'm going to hunt with, and never look back, until spring rolls around!:cool:

11. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

I just like my arrows to fly strait ,true with the same poi with whatever I choose to screw on the end :p I just took off my bipod off an like it bare. I like the to let my crossbow do whatever it wants when I pull the trigger . no choke holds used on anything I shoot except big handguns :eek::p

jacol84 likes this.
  12. jacol84

jacol84 Active Member

Frank, I bought some steel tubing, I think it's 3/8 inside, and 5/8 outside. I just cut it slightly long, then file it until I have to lightly tap it in. I might get some aluminum tubing that's thicker and do the same thing with it.