Biggest boar I have ever seen!

Discussion in 'Crossbow Hunting - Hogs' started by Jackel, Aug 20, 2016.

1. Jackel

Jackel Member

2d974b8bc902a0674fd1b92230278c1c.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Brubaker, Don and Joe like this.
  2. B&R

B&R Member

wow that is big

3. Jackel

Jackel Member

I've heard of half ton hogs but never believed it till now..

bunyip slayer likes this.
  4. Jackel

Jackel Member

According to the story that went with it, they went looking for it because thier dogs kept going missing, it was eating them.

5. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

A big boy for sure!

6. City Rat

City Rat Member

One of the biggest I've seen. Any idea where this was? Any stats on the hog, length, weight, etc.? Any info on the hunt itself? Sorry for the questioms but it would be good to know what was taken and how, thanks

Don and Joe like this.
  7. Joe

Joe Active Member

Good question Rat I would like to know where and when that MONSTER :eek::eek::eek: came from it`s huge . are there any more pictures Jackel ? I hunted hogs in Florida a few years back but if they were that big I may have given the hunt a second thought . :D:D:D

Thanks Joe

8. Delta-Stan

Delta-Stan Member

Hi......

Jackel postetd that picture. Because of that I would say that monster was taken in Australia.

have a nice weekend and

be safe

Stan

Joe likes this.
  9. Joe

Joe Active Member

Hi..
    Hay....
    you are probably correct but I like to be accurate as I may re-post Jackel`s post . The one thing i`m positive about is that hog is big...

Joe

10. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

Pun intended, that's a HOG!:cool:

Joe likes this.
  11. Jackel

Jackel Member

It was indeed taken in australia, on a big property in the outback of northern australia, apparently the dogs off this station kept going missing so they got in a professional to hunt it down, it was later discovered that the boar was eating the dogs that would come after it.
    I can't find any specs on it as yet, I will do some digging and get back to you if I come up with actual figures..
    The photo is real, it's been floating around facebook and other sites for a while..

Joe likes this.
  12. Jackel

Jackel Member

Ok, so I found the original article, it was shot by the station owner in the Pilbara, north western Australia, it was 240 kg, haven't found length but looking at the pic and knowing the dimensions of that vehicle ide say nearly 8 foot.. snout to ass..

Joe likes this.
  13. City Rat

City Rat Member

529.109lbs, yeah he was a big boy. Jackal, thanks. Shot by the station owner, I assume but will ask, with a rifle, correct? Any mention of caliber in the article or description of the hunt? Thanks a lot.

14. Jackel

Jackel Member

Reportedly it was originally spotted while doing a muster with a chopper, later he was just out on the station working and spotted it and shot it with a rifle, don't know caliber. .
    Most of the property workers on big properties carry thier rifles in the work ute with them..

Joe likes this.
  15. robertyb

robertyb Member

I googled the picture and it popped right up but simply said believed to have been shot in Australia. How about posting the link to the article.

16. Jackel

Jackel Member

17. Jackel

Jackel Member

18. Jackel

Jackel Member

Some articles I found

Joe likes this.
  19. Joe

Joe Active Member

Thanks Jackel all things being what they are as to location I don`t think I would go after that " HOG " with my Excalibur :eek: more then likely would be with a 50. cal bolt action rifle .

Joe

Jackel likes this.
  20. robertyb

robertyb Member