BEAR ATTACK!!

Discussion in 'General Chatter & Off Topic' started by Oppie, Dec 14, 2018.

1. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

This attack place about a hour south of me in Lycoming county and has been in the national news cycle the last day or two. What they are leaving out of the story is about the deer parts from the rifle season were very close by. She let her dog outside then when she went to retrieve her dog the black bear attacked her. Messed her up really bad and dragged her 80 yds before dropping her, shes in critical condition.
    PGC has live traps out and plan to euthanize the bear.

https://www.facebook.com/notes/penn...ear-inform-public-of-attack/2181345681897312/

https://wnep.com/2018/12/14/update-on-bear-attack-in-lycoming-county/

2. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

That,s sad to hear ,hope she recovers. Poor old bear just trying to survive an do what comes natural protecting there young. wrong place ,wrong time ,at least bears don,t attack ,rob ,kill you for a couple bucks ,like people do in these big cities. they don,t get that much attention or trapped ,euthanized to see what there problem was ,but should an leave the poor old bear alone JMO

xcaliber and Oppie like this.
  3. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

I have to agree, just a bad situation for everyone involved.

4. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

I remember when I went bear hunting years ago in my 20s ,we went past Algonquin park in Canada on our way to Cochran Ontario to bear hunt. everyone up there was talking about three people just killed by a bear an there body's were buried. they said the bear was shot coming back to feed on them. they say when a black bear comes after you ,you better fight for your life as they intend to kill you.

If I lived in bear country like some of you ,being in the woods a lot I would carry some heat. the way my luck goes I would be the 1 in 20 million that a giant bar would decide to eat :eek::eek:

Last edited: Dec 14, 2018
  5. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

Very sad, I too hope that she comes out of this OK.

Oppie and jacol84 like this.
  6. jacol84

jacol84 Active Member

Very sad. That's not far from where I used to hunt at a camp. Prayers that she recovers.

xcaliber and Oppie like this.
  7. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

Yes, Lycoming county is the best place to hunt bear in Pa. I used to hunt bears near Waterville, nothing but mountain laurel on top of that mountain.
    PGC officers seem to think the bear had cubs with her plus the deer parts played a big part in the attack but are being very careful what they say.

I've only seen one bear this year while my wife has seen three and almost hit one crossing the road in front of her.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2018
  8. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

Latest update from the PGC is they've decided not to euthanize any bear that they may capture due to the time passed now, they can't be sure it's the right bear is what they're saying.
    The poor women is still in critical condition.

9. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

I feel sorry for her an hope she recovers. when your in the real world you better be prepared as things don,t always happen to others. I carry some kind of heat to protect my family most places we go . I don,t swim n water that has sharks in it either. Nohing like being prepared for anything.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2018
  10. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

Thanks for the reminder, my Concealed carry permit has been ready to be picked up @ the sheriff's office for a week now :).

11. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

Got to make sure if you have too bust a cap on someone ,you have your carry permit with you .that,s us,law an order all the time :rolleyes::p

Oppie likes this.