Anyone cold

Discussion in 'General Chatter & Off Topic' started by Masboy, Jan 5, 2018.

1. MI_Bowhunter

MI_Bowhunter Member

Looking fwd to a warm spell. My sump pump drain frooze up where it exits the pipe. The pump does not run much in the winter but it is now seeping back and causing the pump to kick on every couple minutes. The drain exits out at the curb. I had to buy some pvc and make temp drain above ground just to get the water away from the house so it wont keep seeping back to the foundation.

I dont remember the pump running at all in past winters, but the water table here is pretty bigh. I'm one of the few on the block with a basement.
  2. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

I have to repair some grass in my parkway that the plow driver curled over piling snow in my front yard, not happy! It's supposed to hit 50 degrees here Thursday, so right after work I'll get her done!
  3. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

I,m getting hard up as still real cold today with some wind :confused: I went out an checked out my rear garage window ,53 yds to my target setup an I can set a bow target closer than my range target . I have a big rolling steel top bench in front of the window that I can set my sand bags on . I cleaned everything off an have a 55gal barrel for a seat with a pillow on it .

I can set a heater on the bench beside me an shoot in cold,rain,snow:D only bad thing I have to leave both garage doors open to see an make sure no one comes out of the house to the garage that sets out back 20yds away an walks around the corner of it. I will pick my times to shoot an just be safe.
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2018
    jacol84 likes this.
  4. jacol84

jacol84 Active Member

Set up a motion detector system for "intruders" to the shooting range.;)
  5. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

That would be a good ideal thanks! I been out working on it an all ready. got my sandbags,seat with a pillow all setup an ready,now just open the window an ready to shoot. crossbow,handgun,rifle,pellet rifle ,sure going to make this winter better an let me get some shooting in testing arrows ,bullets ,pellets :p
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2018
    jacol84 likes this.
  6. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

Got some shooting in this morning out my new window range after changing things around some. I had a 3 step set of 2x10 steps I salvaged out of the river one day . I set them on a kids small picnic table an nailed them together for my have 3 different seat heights at my window bench:p

wind was blowing the wrong way today an coming in my window but shot anyway . did ok at 25yds with vertical ,zombie arrows with no clear winner for groups .stalker would not have been impressed with my shooting If I could have taken pictures :p
    jacol84 and Oppie like this.
  7. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

I'm impressed your even out shooting! I just might shoot something before the end of the week, it's warm enough for a change.
    jacol84 likes this.
  8. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

Feels like summer out after that cold front , getting my range ready now with some new big blocks. son cut the butt off a big white oak today ,we loaded it in the back of his work truck with his prentice loader an took it home ,we backed up to my range an had a hard time rolling it off . I have railroad ties behind them for safety just in case. going to get some bow ,gun shooting in tomorrow rain or shine :p
    Oppie likes this.
  9. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

I was out shooting in the wind an cold today (brrrrrrr) out behind my garage today where I moved the one bench to it,s new location to get out of some of that old NW wind this winter. got me another big block set at 25yds for some handguns.

I took the scope off my S&W 460 too sight it in with the open sights on a big piece of cardboard with white freezer paper glued on it ,a red gallon milk jug cap in the center held on by my roofing nail in the center. made a fine target for my open has a hi- vise green front sight that showed up good shooting open sights, I really focus on my front sight.

First shot about 2 inches high ,2 inches left setting the milk cap on top my front sight ,next shot almost cut that hole so moved it to the right a few clicks an shot 2 more an they were almost touching but to the right about a inch. moved it back a couple an dead inline right where I want it.

I blowed holes in both my sandbags with this beast today an had to get some new pant leg covers :eek: fingers num,bags blowed apart so time to go in :confused: I love this gun :p
    jacol84 and Oppie like this.
  10. robertyb

robertyb Member

I have been without heat in the house since Saturday morning and it has been as low as 18 and high of 33 degrees. I am waiting now for the repair man hopefully to show as promised.
  11. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

Sorry to her that :eek:hang in there spring will be here soono_O:rolleyes:
  12. robertyb

robertyb Member

Got it fixed just in time. I just thought I lived in the South apparently as the wind chill was -15 degrees this morning just after 1st light. I am watching for migrating Caribou in GA now. :p
  13. jacol84

jacol84 Active Member

Glad you got it fixed, Robert. Having some crazy cold weather this winter.