Any Antelope Ideas

Discussion in 'Crossbow Hunting - Antelope & Sheep' started by one eye joe, Aug 9, 2015.

1. one eye joe

one eye joe Member

I drew two doe tags for Wyoming area 114. Hope to get up there the first part of October. This is a hunt within 1/2 mile of irrigated land. Talked to a guy who has hunted the area and had shots from 200 to 15 yards. Figured I might as well take the crossbow and see what develops.

Anybody done any of this type hunt? Any ideas would be welcome.

2. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

If it is guided, should be pretty well setup for you. I would get a decoy, maybe a Montana, easy to carry, and set up is quick. Good Luck!

3. ehntr

ehntr Member

I did a WY antelope hunt last year. Archery season opens mid August (includes crossbows). In Oct you will be competing with rifle hunters.........just a thought. Hunting from a blind over water during a dry period is a sure way to fill your tags. Using a decoy during rifle season not recommended. I'm sure you'll connect and have a great hunt.

Long Gone likes this.
  4. Cactus

Cactus Member

My Hunting Buddy and I are going to Wyoming to help to balance the Antelope herd with the human population. My buddy hunts with a compound Bow, I'll be using my new Horton Storm, we rebuild a 72 Camper to use as our portable hunt camp, the camper cost and rebuild cost us $3800.00 CND not quite the deal Stalker got but we can use it in late November at 30 below zero. We'll be hunting over Water Holes from a blind , hopefully it doesn't rain forcing the goats to come to water and receive an arrow. Over the years I tried Antelope hunting in Southern Alberta with a compound and stalking it killed my knees, so this way it will be easier but harder on the wallet