Another Xcal!

Discussion in 'General Chatter & Off Topic' started by xcaliber, Feb 22, 2018.

1. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

I jumped on a new Matrix 380 kit, Tact Zone scope, all the goodies, $679. to my door. This will be my first all camo Excalibur, and I'm so pumped to get it. I don't care if it's a 368 FPS bow, it's still darn fast, and with a heavy Flemish String, and 400 grain arrows, it will last a long time. :)

Last edited: Feb 22, 2018
    Stalker, bbahunter and jacol84 like this.
  2. jacol84

jacol84 Active Member

You have a lot of nice crossbows, Dan.

Oppie and xcaliber like this.
  3. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

Thanks!

4. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

Sounds like a dandy power bow ! yes sir,heavy arrows an fat strings sure tame the beast an make the best hunting rigs ,me think

8ptbuk, jacol84 and xcaliber like this.
  5. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

How did I miss this announcement :eek:?? Man, I'm slipping in my updates & news flashes :p.
    Yes sir that'll be a fine shooting bow with some nice heavy arrows :D and kinetic energy to spare, in case King Kong shows up and needs killing :).

xcaliber and jacol84 like this.
  6. Stalker

Stalker Member

Congrats! I saw that deal but already blew my wad on the 350:eek::D

xcaliber likes this.
  7. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

OK, got into a squabble with the seller about my bow having black limbs & rail. He said return it, no problem. I said, I'll think it over for a day or two. Called Danny Miller for advice, and price on rail, ha said the black anodized is better, and I should keep it. Said if the black limbs bother you, call Dawn at Excalibur & get a set of Blems. Did that, and now I'm set. The bow is growing on me.:p:cool:. Making a string for it now, then I'll get pics. up with the black limbs etc. It did come with the dipped stirrup, etc. IDK, it's probably going to be my hunting bow which means lot's of abuse! :eek:dead:

Stalker, Oppie and jacol84 like this.
  8. Stalker

Stalker Member

What does a set of blem limbs run? I've been thinking about getting some.

9. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

$110 shipped.

Stalker likes this.
  10. Stalker

Stalker Member

Hmmm I'll have to ponder that one.:D

11. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

Well, I have a backup to the backup, so it does seem dumb really to have backup limbs. My thing is, this does look a bit odd! Don't get me wrong, I'm chootin it! :p:D Just saying the blackuns might be my backups if this becomes my favorite.:cool:

Oppie likes this.
  12. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

I have some items i won't use posted on Excalibur Forum Trading Post.

Oppie likes this.
  13. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

Oh, really :p.

14. jacol84

jacol84 Active Member

Sounds like they've gone up some. Any idea what new (first quality) limbs cost?

15. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

IDK. I'm waiting for a response on the warranty of Blems, and if it's same / same, I see no reason to pursue that option. That however is a great question!

Oppie likes this.
  16. robertyb

robertyb Member

I can't believe they sent you black limbs as the advertisement plainly reads realtree camo. But you got a killer deal on the bow. I think the blems carry the same warranty as there is no way to tell them apart from the other limbs. I hope you enjoy the 380 as much as I do my 350. :)
    As for the cost they did go up a while back but I think the $80 we saw before was before adding on shipping which is probably fairly high coming from Canada to USA.

17. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

I think if you laid the blems an #1 limbs side by side you'd have a tough time telling them apart.

18. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

Thanks Robert, yeah I think I'm going to like it a lot.

19. xcaliber

xcaliber Active Member

I have heard that a lot Bruce, and even if I can pick the blems out, as long as performance is good, who cares, they'll blend in with my scratches.:D

jacol84 and Oppie like this.
  20. Oppie

Oppie Active Member

Yes indeed, it's a mental thing for a lot of guys. Like putting retread tires on your Cadillac :p, it's cool as long as your home boy's don't see em :D.

xcaliber likes this.