Air Fried / Chicken Fried Venison

Discussion in 'General Crossbow Discussion' started by TX_RDXguy, Jun 10, 2018.

1. TX_RDXguy

TX_RDXguy Member

My darlin wife got a new toy this past week. I'll have to say that her first fora into cooking with it was a hit with me.

She:
    - Marinated 4 venison tenderlions
    - Then egg batter dipped and refrigerated them for 30 minutes to thicken the batter.
    - She made a flour / lipton onion soup mixture and then tossed the venison in it.
    - Then onto the air fryer for 12 minutes.

She also used the left over flour to make a nice gravy. Then whipped up some home grown potatoes and air flied some corn on the cob.

Let me tell you it was fantastic! The venison was tender and of course had a very tasty flavor with the chicken fried approach. And for a farm kid like me, how can you not like corn on the cob, mashed potatoes and gravy and a big glass of milk!

Thank you Diane and my thanks to the good Lord for these many blessings!

AirFryV.jpg

2. Stalker

Stalker Member

Sounds like my kind of meal! I'll have to look into air frying.

I love big venison burgers with the onion soup mix on the grill

3. bbahunter

bbahunter Active Member

Looks like your wife is a great cook like my wife is. I will have to talk my wife into doing something like that. ;)
    Looks like that was a winner, and tasty. ;)

4. TX_RDXguy

TX_RDXguy Member

She's a dandy and loves to experiment with food. Yes, this is just another way to prepare venison and a good one.

X2 on Stalker's burgers. We do a similar mix and have converted some of our "traditional" food source friends into venison fans.

5. jacol84

jacol84 Active Member

Great post all around, Rich. We have an air fryer that we need to use more. My wife has pretty much sworn off beef since her gall bladder surgery, but maybe she will have venison once in a while if I can get one this fall.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018
    TX_RDXguy and Stalker like this.
  6. TX_RDXguy

TX_RDXguy Member

We're making venison "bear-bites" this weekend. It's a long story on the name but in a nutshell, these are small butterflied backstrap pieces, marinated, dry rubbed and spiced. Add cream cheese, jalapenos and yellow bell slivers, fold and wrap with heavy bacon, pin them a coupe times with tooth picks and grill. Big flavors and easy to eat.

Bear Bites 1.JPG
    Bear Bites 2.JPG

bbahunter, Stalker and jacol84 like this.
  7. robertyb

robertyb Member

Looks good to me.