A rangefinder mod for Baby Huey.

Discussion in 'Doing It Yourself - Crossbow Maintenance' started by Jack Pine, Nov 10, 2015.

1. Jack Pine

Jack Pine Active Member

I have been wanting a rangefinder mount for Baby Huey, but the one Excalibur sells won't work on my scope because there isn't any tube to clamp the mount to. When I bought a little runt of a TactZone scope, I didn't have any 30mm rings, so I ordered a set with Picatinny mounts on them in case I ever wanted to play with a laser or other device. Then I mounted the bottom half of a regular 1" scope ring on top of the scope and found some leftover 1" X 1/8" strap aluminum. Bending it into shape, then drilled a couple of holes to screw down to the bottom half of the scope ring. Then put Velcro on, and it's all good. If you do this mod, be sure to keep it up above your string path. This works left or right side, and comes off just by unscrewing it. When season is over, I'll take it to my local machine shop and have it anodized matte black. I might add a couple of slots so a tyrap can act as a security device if the Velcro doesn't work out, but it is VERY solid.
    Uncle Jack ><> picatinny rings.JPG scope ring and bracket.JPG mounted bracket.JPG Mounted.JPG top view.JPG

OldschoolBH and Stalker like this.
  2. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

Nice! funny thing I was in the shop today thinking how can I rig a rangefinder mount an no good ideal now I know an just what I,m looking for . hate anything around my neck an tired of carrying mine in my pocket.
    Thanks!!!!!!

OldschoolBH likes this.
  3. jacol84

jacol84 Active Member

Very nice Cal.

4. Jack Pine

Jack Pine Active Member

Thanks gents, I have already made mods to the mod to gain greater adjustability. LOL, I just can't leave stuff alone!!

5. Jack Pine

Jack Pine Active Member

Well, I made some mods to the mod, and while doing it, I discovered that I can adjust and position the rangefinder next to the scope like a pair of binoculars so that I can see the range in my left eye, while my right [dominant] eye is viewing, selecting, and sighting the proper reticle. What a sensation that is!! I need some adjustment slots, and since I don't have a machine shop at home, I'm going to have one of these professionally built and anodized.

OldschoolBH likes this.
  6. Masboy

Masboy Active Member

That sounds slick! never thought of that idea an always learning .starts out a nova an ends up a Cadillac when done :p

OldschoolBH likes this.